• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

4 Man Bob - back from the dead

evilcod

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Pirates of the Caribbean - Paris
After its well travelled life at Trentham Gardens, Alton Towers, Pleasure Island, Flamingo Land, Groverland the 4 Man Bob came to rest at Loudoun Castle where it operated for 1 season before the park closed for good and it seemed the 4 Man Bob was to spend its retirement SBNO, rusting away in the grounds of the castle which it did for the best part of 10 years.

But... it appears that it lives on! A small park in france has announced they will be reopening it for the 2020 season. I am honestly really supprised it still runs, it left Loudoun a year or so ago and I can only imagine it must have had a major refurb since then.

https://rcdb.com/16325.htm

Honestly I'm surprised someone would go to the effort to save this coaster. I believe it was refurbed prior to arriving at Loudoun Castle, and it only operated there for a year, so it may still be in good shape!
Just in case you actually want to go there, the nearest airport is Tours, Ryanair flies there from Stansted
I'm all right, I've already done the one at Brean :p

So long as the rust hasn't got to it, there's not much to go wrong that wouldn't be fixed by a strip down and rebuild. Motors for the lift hill might need replacing, as might the compressor for the brake release. Nothing overly complicated.

Come to think of it, perhaps the Bembom Brothers performed some level of maintenance while the rides were SBNO? They have a background in leasing this stuff out so perhaps were keen to their assets in good shape... if only the same could be said for poor old Knightmare.

Last edited: