• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

A day out in Copenhagen!

John_P

TS Member
I attended the Club Pleasure Beach Liseberg event last month. After having a great day on the park on the Wednesday (for free courtesy of my pleasure beach annual pass) on the Thursday I did something a bit different.

Booked a train (for about £50 return) to the capital of Denmark for a day out and a couple of bonus parks.

It's about 3 hours on the fast train so a departure time of 6.30am saw us in Copenhagen Station for 9.30am.
Tivoli Gardens is literally right outside the station on the other side of the road.

However this wasn't the first port of call, with time to spare we headed on foot to see a bit of culture, the lovely coloured houses of Nyhavn and then on to see the little mermaid statue.

We then headed to the nearby station and got a train to the first park of the day Bakken.
Located on the side of a park the oldest operating amusement park in the world is a delightful place to visit. For whatever reason during my visit they were having a Christmas in July event.

The coasters were all pretty fun, especially the now brakeman less Rutschebanen, others included the very forceful Tornado I thought the restraints were going to decapitate me as we flew over the lifthill.
The Intamin mine train ulven was a great little ride, and Racing was certainly a unique coaster for me. It was lovely to spend a few hours exploring the place. Was able to get a discounted entry via my ECC membership as well which was nice.

Following this we made the ten minute stroll back to the train station and headed back to Copenhagen Central Station for Tivoli Gardens. The entrance price was quite a bit (over £40 each). But the park was completely different to what I expected, was sort of expecting something akin to Coney Island but it was more like Liseberg with gardens, a large stage area, a pretty big lake as well.
Coaster wise my favourite was Rutschebanen the scenic railway still complete with a brakeman. Getting a back row ride on this is a must for sure! The throughput is amazing as well, the queue was continuing to spill out of the pens but was taking no longer than 20 minutes.

Next up was the B and M floor less coaster Dæmonen. It's a short but fun ride. Amusingly the ride op was adamant I ride it without glasses, only to then help the people in the rows in front put on their VR headsets.

The last coaster was the kiddy coaster kamelen which we got 3 laps on.

Obviously with the size of the park flat rides are massively well used at the place (they are also currently building a new powered mine train) with favourites being Fata Morgana, a clever dual tower ride with options for all ages, a ride I can only describe as an inverted flying carpet ride, TIK Tok a genuinely mental ride, and the star flyer which was an amazing experience. They also had a really good indoor boat ride through a mine which they've added laser guns to, and a fun house located inside Rutschebanen.

So yeah I'd definitely recommend making a trip down to Copenhagen if you're visiting Gothenburg for Liseberg and have a spare day. Plus the views from the train are absolutely stunning at times.