• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Abandoned church near Stargazing pods

Are we looking in the woods where the tree top adventure is? Ive never noticed that before, going back on google earth it looks like they used to be derelict, then one was demolished and the other rebuilt as one of the Tree top facilities. Never done Treetop so I dont know.

@TakeYourMedicine

An existing building within the proposed area of the attraction, known as Nicklin’s Farm, will be stabilised and made watertight for possible renovation in the future, and a stonewall within the area will be repaired as part of the project. A corrugated-clad building in the area will be demolished, as it is in a state of disrepair and not in keeping with the woodland character and landscape.

https://towersstreet.com/construction/tree-top-quest/

Forgive me for dragging up an old thread, not sure how much interest there is in this kind of thing, but I thought I would share as I can't be the only old git that finds this kind of thing interesting(!).

For context, this is regarding Nicklin Farm, an old farm house next to the Tree Top Quest site. One of the planning conditions for them building the Tree Top Quest was that this building would be made structurally sound and watertight to save it from total ruin. I have no idea why it seemingly took 8 years to be completed (nesting bats might have something to do with it?), but according to planning docs this was completed at a cost of around £250,000 this year.

Map for location reference:

farm map.JPG

Condition of building before works:

farm before.JPG

As part of the works the building has been underpinned to stop subsidence from nearby tree roots. They have also replaced the roof and installed new windows and doors:

farm during.JPG

Completed works:

farm after.JPG
farm1.JPG

Always good to see the park invest in the heritage side of things. Whilst it would need a lot more money spending on it to make it a usable building the location feels so right for a 'hideaway' pub for the resort. Maybe one day!

More pictures and details of the works here:

Full planning link:

Make a great spoons that

Go Away GIF

Forgive me for dragging up an old thread, not sure how much interest there is in this kind of thing, but I thought I would share as I can't be the only old git that finds this kind of thing interesting(!).

For context, this is regarding Nicklin Farm, an old farm house next to the Tree Top Quest site. One of the planning conditions for them building the Tree Top Quest was that this building would be made structurally sound and watertight to save it from total ruin. I have no idea why it seemingly took 8 years to be completed (nesting bats might have something to do with it?), but according to planning docs this was completed at a cost of around £250,000 this year.

Map for location reference:

farm map.JPG

Condition of building before works:

farm before.JPG

As part of the works the building has been underpinned to stop subsidence from nearby tree roots. They have also replaced the roof and installed new windows and doors:

farm during.JPG

Completed works:

farm after.JPG
farm1.JPG

Always good to see the park invest in the heritage side of things. Whilst it would need a lot more money spending on it to make it a usable building the location feels so right for a 'hideaway' pub for the resort. Maybe one day!

More pictures and details of the works here:

Full planning link:
That would be a perfect use for it. Talbot Arms? Algenon Arms?

Reactions: Ash