• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventureland, Iowa 2016: Monster - New Gerstlauer

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Can't say I've ever heard of this park before but in 2016 they are getting a new Gerstlauer Eurofighter/Infinity coaster (RCDB say it's an Infinity but looks more like a Eurofighter to me).

Some stats:

Length: 2,500 ft
Height: 133 ft
Inversions: 5
Max Vertical Angle: 101°
Elements: Vertical Chain Lift Hill, Dive Loop, Over-Banked Turn, Loop, Dive Loop, Immelmann, Corkscrew

And a video showing the layout:

If small American and small European parks can afford and are prepared to get coasters such as this, then why is it not the same for some of the smaller British parks!!

Looks decent.

:)

Sorry to bump this thread, but I couldn’t find a topic for this park that was any newer.

The reason I bumped the thread was because it would seem that Adventureland may be building another new roller coaster for 2021, with this one replacing their Hopkins looping coaster Dragon. The park put this rather cryptic post on their Instagram suggesting some sort of replacement for 2021:

And before you say “But do we know if Dragon has been removed?”; there are photos online of it being dismantled:

What do you guys think? I think this is incredibly exciting for a park like Adventureland; they’re really pumping big money in for a park of their size! Monster was only built in 2016, and might I add that the park also built a Maurer spinning coaster named Phoenix in 2019, which doesn’t ever seem to have been mentioned on here!

The park has been bought by Palace (Parques Reunidos), it has been in the same family since it opened in 1974.

“We are excited about adding Adventureland into our portfolio,” said John Reilly, Chief Operating Officer of Palace Entertainment. “We specialize in parks and venues that create experiences to be enjoyed over a lifetime, from childhood to young adulthood to parenting and grandparenting. We are investing in Adventureland to expand its current lineup to include eight new family rides in 2022, plus two all-new attractions for the 2023 season.”

I wonder if the fatality earlier this year and the impending threat of Lost Island less than 100 miles away played into it.

The park has been bought by Palace (Parques Reunidos), it has been in the same family since it opened in 1974.

“We are excited about adding Adventureland into our portfolio,” said John Reilly, Chief Operating Officer of Palace Entertainment. “We specialize in parks and venues that create experiences to be enjoyed over a lifetime, from childhood to young adulthood to parenting and grandparenting. We are investing in Adventureland to expand its current lineup to include eight new family rides in 2022, plus two all-new attractions for the 2023 season.”

I wonder if the fatality earlier this year and the impending threat of Lost Island less than 100 miles away played into it.
It's a shame that another family owned park have been bought out. Before the accident earlier in the year they really did seem on a roll. Adding rides like monster and Dragon Slayer in a matter of 5 years. It will be interesting to be see how Palace treat the place. Some of there parks get decent investment while lots of them look to be neglected.