• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Agenda's

Mr Oblivion

TS Member
Your Alton Towers Agenda?

Basically the question is... When you arrive at Alton Towers, what do you do, what coasters do you ride?

Ill Start;

When I get to Alton Towers, I get into the park via monorail, then I make sure that I ride all of the main rollercoasters and flat rides. I tend to stay away from cloud cuckoo land and storybook land because I dont really like any of the rides there. I then keep strolling around the park getting as many rides in as possible before ride close, then I exit the park again via monorail.

Get there 9am, Rita Rita Rita Rita, then over to FV and Nemesis, Nemesis, Nemesis, Nemesis, 10am Air (yes this was my schedule), then Sub-Terra, walk around to Duel, then to Katanga and RMT, possibly the Flume depending on the weather, then around to AL and Spinball, then Oblivion finally ending up at Hex and then the DF and THirteen. I will then repeat this until time runs out :p

If I'm there for ERT, then Nemesis is usually the first port of call. After packing in two or three on that, I usually walk to Dark Forest for a quick lap on Rita before the end of ERT. Then, get in the queue just in time for Th13teen's opening.

After that, usually Oblivion, and then the rest!

Strictly this.

Rita-Thirteen-Hex-Oblivion X5-Nemesis-Air-Duel-RMT-Pizza Pasta-Spinball (unless big queue)-Repeat from Oblivion-Flume (unless cold).

And other rides inbetween/with the time left.

Hmm... trying to think but I don't think there is any structural pattern to my visits, I usually just go on the rides that have the shortest queue (damn non-enthusiast friends!!! :mad: ). Obviously I make sure that I get a go on Oblivion, Nemmy, Hex and Duel, but that's the only thing I make sure of.

No set pattern, I find the concept odd. Depending on who I am with, I usually let someone else take the lead.

When you have an AP, I find it really lessens your need to do everything everytime. I've been 3 or 4 times this year and I still don't think I've ridden Ripsaw, Rapids, Mine Train, Flume, Air, Charlie etc. Not because I don't want to, I just haven't gotten around to it.

If I'm visiting with non-Geeks then I tend to turn left at the bottom of TowersStreet then work my way around the park in a clockwise direction. I think this is the subconcious side of my OCD for things to be organised coming out! ;D

It's been a few years since I've last been to Alton (what with living so far away from it!) but my first intention is to get on the rollercoasters then work my way to the flats and water rides.

Like to see everyone has small things they like to do but for me it's for some reason to start the season with oblivion and then make sure it's the last ride I go on at the end of the season done that for several seasons

Obviously the whole 11am opening has screwed this up, but it used to be Oblivion, Rita & Nemesis during ERT. N:ST, Air and Ripsaw at 10, then round to Katanga via Duel, by which point the rapids have opened. After lunch (courtyard or explorers), continue round the park ending in Dark Forest. The rest of the day doesn't really follow any sort of pattern and depends on the mood of the group.

In 2010 the order was Nemesis, Oblivion and Rita in ERT before riding Th13teen at 10am. I would then follow the same route as above, starting by taking the Skyride for Air.