Air or Galactica?

Discussion in 'Talbot Street' started by Matt N, 8th Sep 2021.

Tags:
?

Air or Galactica?

1. Air

76.0%
  2. Galactica

12.0%
  3. Undecided

12.0%
  1. geo4chg

geo4chg TowersStreet Member

I think the main issue is that without the VR there isn’t that much to differentiate the two, and the floaty up and down soaring of the coaster is a lot closer to the feeling of flying than it is to being on a mission in space. It was designed to evoke the feeling of flight like a bird rather than a rocket.

On a slightly unrelated note, last time I was in the station in July this year a prerecorded notice came over the tannoy announcing that “Air was currently experiencing technical difficulties” - it came on multiple times and definitely said Air not Galactica.

pluk, Matt.GC, Skyscraper and 2 others like this.
    Posted 9th Sep 2021
  2. Matt878787

Matt878787 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    This has just taken me back to the excitement of seeing the big fence next to Nemesis’ break run cordoning off the construction area for Air, then seeing all the fresh turquoise track covered in snow online that winter :pensive:

MaxPower, Skyscraper, AT86 and 2 others like this.
    Posted 9th Sep 2021
  3. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I remember riding it in opening year. We stayed at a B&B and did two days on park. The first day we got on Air and nothing else I kid you not. We queued about 45 mins to an hour for Blivvy which then it went down just before our turn and then we joined the queue for Air which was estimated at 2hrs 30 mins. 4hrs later we got on the ride after numerous breakdowns whilst waiting for it. Needles to say we were cheesed off and just left the park.

Thankfully our second day was much better. Managed another ride on Air and only waited about 70 mins.

MaxPower, jon81uk and Matt N like this.
  4. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    That may admittedly help; I was -1 when Air opened (Air was 2002, I was born in 2003), and Air was already 11 by the time I first rode it!