• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alee298s Nolimits coasters.

New coaster theme?

• Minecraft theme

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Animal theme

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Medieval theme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien theme

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Racing theme

• CoD: Black ops II

• Total voters

alee298

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Colossus or Oblivion
This is where I shall post my nolimits creations and you lot can help me by rating them ect.

f39bh1.jpg

The layout of my new coaster( I can't think of a name for it right now though?

Nice layout, could do with some refining though:

Firstly, The lift hill needs straightening. To do this just split it into the parts by pressing the "Split" button. Do it so you have three sections; going up the incline, straight section going up, the the leveling off. Once this is done, right click on the part you want to make straight & click "make straight". This should do the jub nicely.

Secondly, I urge you to make some custom supports for the most complex & high areas to create realism, you should find some tutorials on how to do this on the internet.

Lastly, the last part of the coaster needs desperately sorting out. I suggest you delete from where the track re-enters the station back to where the banked turn after the last inversion is. Then add a full upwards left helix, up onto the brake run, then a slow, slightly inclined turn back into the station.

Again, try & use the make straight tool where needed. Also maybe add some trees from the scenery menu & some hills & lakes in the terrain editor.

Hope this helps, keep it up!

:D

Ok thanks very much blizzard,I shall post a refined version by Friday

4ksjr.jpg
newer version( without trees or scenery as i dont know what to theme it as or what to call it) And custom supports!

Not quite what I meant, but tjinking about it thats my fault! When I said last inversion, I meant the imelman, not noticing the b-roll. Sorry about that, should have been more clear!

Custom supports look good, could do with a little refining though, some cobra supports on the loop would be good. If you have j-cats steelworx in rct3, you will know what type of support i'm refering to.

7ef6efb4.jpg

The image above shows what I was talking about before.

On a side note. How about a spooky theme, considering the colour. Maybe "The Count" or something.

Keep at it, looking forward to seeing the coaster come on!

:D

What is a cobra support? I may try your idea, but may keep it the coaster the same as I quite like the final barrel roll. :)

Can anyone help me make a deserted castle themed station for my coaster?
I would be very greatful if anyone could.

alee298 said:
Can anyone help me make a deserted castle themed station for my coaster?
I would be very greatful if anyone could.

If you can use sketchup, you need sketchup pro to make 3d objects, then import them into no-limits by exporting as 3ds. file. Usualy you have to pay for it, but the link below will how you how to get it for free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskEIywoxbs

;)

CGM said:
Or in other words steal it basically...

There is nothing that says you can't use a code thats already been used. Pluss, who (unless theyre rich or an architect) is going to spend £400 on a piece of software thsat is only a little different than the freeware version?

I'm a very "Legal" person & do everything by the book. This is not an exception, as it is not "Stealing"

;)

There is nothing that says you can't use a code thats already been used. Pluss, who (unless theyre rich or an architect) is going to spend £400 on a piece of software thsat is only a little different than the freeware version?

I'm a very "Legal" person & do everything by the book. This is not an exception, as it is not "Stealing"

If you don't like the price, there's other software out there. Some of it's actually free and in many ways much better. This kind of jump in pricing isn't unusual . You pay huge amounts for seemingly small changes, but they're usually the ones that make the software actually useful. Without them, it's pretty worthless, that's why it's given out free.

I think that you know that Trimble would take exception to you unlocking the Pro version this way. License codes aren't supposed to be shared like that, I'm sure it's in the Ts and Cs somewhere. If you were an independent software developer, you'd be angry if people did this with your product.

What you've done is obtain £400 worth of licensed software for free against the wishes of its developer. I'd class that as stealing. People seem to think that because it's online and so easy to do, it's okay.

But anyway, NoLimits and that.

Not to be rude or anything but, this isn't a legal disscusion topic.

28ksmkg.png
is the style of station building I need help with. It is the best I can manage on sketchup. ???

I take it youre going for a ruined castle themed station then? If thats how you want it to look, then that will be perfectly adequate. Or do you want advice on the architecture?

The landscaping is good, however I feel too much is over water. The only area of track over water should really be the final barrel roll & helix, the rest of it should be on ground as that way it would be a little more realistic. Also I suggest you remove both tunnels, in favour of one just after the seccond corkscrew on that curve. If you make a tunnel, then raise the terrain over it, it should give the impression that the tunnel is underground. A custom themed "Sketchup" tunnel would look good at the bottom of the first drop. This will give a "Head Chopper" effect.

Could you possibly make a seccond POV once the coaster is finished?

Keep it up!

;)

Ok, I have now made the scenery and the tunnel after the corkscrew, but not the sketchup tunnel yet!