• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers 2017 - Wishlist

Spike

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Taron
Upon reading the 'Best of 2016' topic and agreeing that it has been a really bad year for Alton.

What would you like to see happen for/during the 2017 season?

I have a few myself
  • Terror Of The Towers retired and a new maze introduced
  • Treat the staff better
  • Not give in to recent events and bounce back!
  • Open all the damn rides!!
It has been such a depressing year for the park and it's lost all of it's atmosphere, I really hope 2017 rekindles it and the park moves on to bigger and better things. :)

• Keep the TOTT maze but without the conga line and have a more intense strobe finish
  • More investments instead of cuts
  • Park open every day from start of season to the end of season
  • Continue with the Tower loving care program with out making it a marketing feature
  • Reopen the closed rides
  • A better website, which is easier to navigate without all the hidden small print
  • Keep the public better informed instead of burring their heads in the sand, in other words don't tell us the week before the start of the season that half the rides will be SBNO
  • More choice of ERT rides
  • Re-open the courtyard food outlet
  • Reinstate the courtyard pirate show

From a selfish point of view, I've had some fantastic visits to Towers this year (Hex is the only closed ride I actually miss, so the TLC closures haven't affected me at all really). However, going forward, they need to improve opening hours on long summer days. Plus so many of the closed rides are aimed at the family market meaning kids too old for CBeebies, but not up for the big rides, are missing out. They need to have everything open.

No newspaper worthy incidents, longer opening hours/ days, the return of street entertainment. I would settle for just a good TLC session.

• Get Mr C back
  • Street performers return
  • Pirate show return.
  • reopen hex
  • add some young teen rides
  • Get SW8 well underway
  • Get TLC into a higher gear.

SW8 construction to go smoothly, Hex to re-open and those parts of the Towers that have been closed due to scarefest for too many years now to be opened up again when the event isn't actually on. I miss eating my lunch on the bench in the old music room/library :(

I'm trying to be as realistic as possible and accepting closed off peak days and food outlet closures but in return would want the following-

* Hex to reopen.
* sub terra to reopen (minus the actors to save on costs)
* Begin air con installation programme in hotels.
* Water park opening hours restored to pre 2016 season levels.
* TLC and reopen spa aqua rooms.
* Blade to remain for another season.
* Driving school retheme and reopened.
* Wobble world refitted and reopened.
* Pirate show and courtyard bbq restored.
* Nemesis station and track finished.
* TLC the entirety of X Sector with special attention on Oblivion and it's queue line.
* Much longer opening hours for the park on peak days.
* Effects on Duel fixed.

What I expect to see however-

* Hex reopens
* Nemesis station and track finished.
* Slight relaxion of opening hours, perhaps open half hour later on the odd day and an extra day here and there.
* Aqua rooms re open mid season completely unchanged.
* More fences erected
* The odd lick of white paint clumsily slapped around under the guise of TLC.

I hope to be proved wrong......

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Oblivion's track is still fairly fresh since its 2013 repaint, but the queue line and drop zone certainly needs attention.

• Keep the TOTT maze but without the conga line and have a more intense strobe finish
  • More investments instead of cuts
  • Park open every day from start of season to the end of season
  • Continue with the Tower loving care program with out making it a marketing feature
  • Reopen the closed rides
  • A better website, which is easier to navigate without all the hidden small print
  • Keep the public better informed instead of burring their heads in the sand, in other words don't tell us the week before the start of the season that half the rides will be SBNO
  • More choice of ERT rides
  • Re-open the courtyard food outlet
  • Reinstate the courtyard pirate show

Pretty much agree with all this, another post also saying about opening longer in the summer evenings, which again I agree with.

• SW8 construction to go well
• Keep the skyride over it open!
• Reopen closed rides
• A surprise with a new or well renovated attraction?
• Better transport links
• Nemesis on ERT
• CBeebiees hotel to look nice from the outside
• Extended opening hours
• Cheaper tickets (£50 for 6 hours is ridiculous)

The only newspaper worthy incident was the crash itself.
Yes I agree, I don't won't anything similar (obviously) or even of a lesser severity to occur, as the press will run with it (and run with it, and run with it, and run with it etc). I would also add I would like to see Nemesis paint job finished (not shooting for the stars I know but it would really suck if they didn't finish it)

How could anyone with any kind of self respect publish that article and probably have the nerve to call themselves a journalist. If you're reading this 'Chris Kitching' you are a pathetic waste of space in your chosen field of work. Congratulations.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't click on the link blah blah blah.