• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers: A Gothic Wonderland

LiamC

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Hex
Was just going through some old stuff and came across my theme park memorabilia box which I thought I had lost a while ago. Anyway in it was my copy of Alton Towers: A Gothic Wonderland which I completely forgot I had!

Was just wondering if anyone else had this book and what they thought of it? I never actually finished it but from what I can remember it was extremely interesting and well written! Plenty of amazing photographs and sketches of the grounds and house!

I've never come across this book before but it's got me interested I will have a look for this. But I have read the past and present book which is an amazing read.

josht said:
I've never come across this book before but it's got me interested I will have a look for this. But I have read the past and present book which is an amazing read.

A Gothic Wonderland is precisely Past and Present but made up to date on many details (i.e. Hex).

I've personally dragged the book with me to college and it's an excellent read for anybody remotely interested in the estate past the rides and attractions. You learn an awful lot of new things, details you've never noticed alongside stories about even the smallest corridor. It truly is fascinating.

tl;dr BUY IT.

I didn't know that an updated version had come out, I'll have to check it it!

I've just started reading Gothic Wonderland again and I forgot just had immersive it is! The scope and detail is so grand and immersive, literally no stone is left unturned! Really had forgotten just how much history there is surrounding the towers :)