• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Aerial Photography

seems very strange to see the area behind the towers totaly without any sort of buildings. generally even the oldest known photos have at least got the old Fun House there! so its tsrange to see them as they were original intended!!!

Wow, so amazing!

Has anyone tried editing these photos with the toy-town effect?
It would look fantastic!

These views are absolutely gorgeous though I wish there were more aerial photos pre-2000 just to show how much the various areas have changed over the past decades. Seeing X-Sector pre-X-Sector would be a terrific find!

DiogoJ42 said:
Rowe said:
Seeing X-Sector pre-X-Sector would be a terrific find!
Well it may be slightly earlier than you meant, but there's always this one ;)

Hah. Hah. Hah. ;)

I mean as in Fantasy World/Springfield Centre obviously but the likelihood of finding views like that are doubting. It's a bit like the expectations of finding the original Terror Tomb music!

Speaking of, here's an aerial view of Nemesis with Thunder Looper and what seems to be The Beastie where Sub Terra is now:

nemaerial.jpg

That's because the Beastie used to sit where Sub-terra is now located, from 1992 to 1996.

In fact the reason it's called the Beastie was because it was installed into Thunder Valley at the same time as the Beast, as a kind of junior version, if you like.

Rowe said:
DiogoJ42 said:
Rowe said:
Seeing X-Sector pre-X-Sector would be a terrific find!
Well it may be slightly earlier than you meant, but there's always this one ;)

Hah. Hah. Hah. ;)

I mean as in Fantasy World/Springfield Centre obviously but the likelihood of finding views like that are doubting. It's a bit like the expectations of finding the original Terror Tomb music!

Speaking of, here's an aerial view of Nemesis with Thunder Looper and what seems to be The Beastie where Sub Terra is now:

nemaerial.jpg

Is it just me or does there seem to be a great deal more "Tall Nemesis Boulders" there than there is now?

:)

I'm loving all these Aerial shots of Alton. Especially the 1927 shot! :)

Wow, some fantastic images! It really is strange seeing the Towers how they should have looked! you can even see the original main driveway which now forms the path which leads from the Golf game up to the towers!

It's amazing how much it has developed over the years, however looking at the original pictures you would never imagine a theme park to be constructed into the landscape years later!