• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Facts

Maya

TS Member
I'm going to alton towers with school in a few weeks- and there is nothing better than knowing loads of cool facts to tell them (and bore them- sometimes)
So post all the cool facts about AT that you know here- I'll post mine in a bit!

Some facts can be GP friendly, others that only us nerds will understand,lol

Nemesis cost £10 million to build and was Europes first legs free, inverted roller coaster. The ride lasts 90 seconds reaching speeds of 50miles per hour

Oblivion reaches speeds of 110km per hour and reaches 4.5G's. It sends you plummeting down a 180 foot nere vertical drop into a big dark hole.

The 'theme park' opened in 1980, but the towers have dated back for hundreds of years

TH13TEEN is the most expensive ride at the Alton Towers Resort and costed 15 million pounds, however SW7, the new ride to open next year will cost 20 million

Rita has the highest g-force measuring 4.7 g's, followed by Oblivion with 4.5 g's.

You are wrong on both accounts about nemesis.

It does not reach 110kph and nor was it worlds first.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

An old Aquland sign can be seen from the que of the rapids, On the back of a storage unit near the flume.

On the back of a sign near RMT, there's a direction sign to Forbidden Valley which still has Dynamo on it.
427867_4002193380357_1393542126_n.jpg

EDIT: This was taken on Sunday 6th May 2012. I was quite surprised when I noticed it, and felt that I had to take a photo of it. :p

Despite popular claims and beliefs, the corkscrews in the entrance plaza AREN'T part of a current existing ride that can be ridden ::)

Some people think rita stands for

A - Alton
T - Towers
I - Intamin
R- Rocket

Backwards, however others just think its a name given to it, after lots of drag racers name there cars female names

Maya said:
Some people think rita stands for

A - Alton
T - Towers
I - Intamin
R- Rocket

Backwards, however others just think its a name given to it, after lots of drag racers name there cars female names

I was thinking about that today, I always thought the R stood for rollercoaster as it was Alton's first Intamin coaster and Rita isn't a rocket.

Henry Hound litter can be found in the Swiss area of the Gardens and sometimes seen floating around the park near X-Sector and DF in days with high winds.

Rita is launched to 100KPH, not MPH.

Edward England is the coolest pirate you will ever meet. Fact.

Merlin, the parent company of Alton Towers, own more shipping containers than a Chinese shipping yard.

Nemesis Sub Terra is NOT the Nemesis rollercoaster moved into a tin shed underground.

Oblivion shuttles have NEVER completed the circuit facing the opposite direction. Nor will they ever.

Oblivion shuttles have never derailed in the tunnel.

Oblivion shuttles have never stopped in the tunnel, nor halfway down the drop.

Sonic Spinball was originally named Spinball Whizzer, not Spinball Wizard.

When the Sky Ride isn't opening after 11am or broken down, it is normally found to be on fire.

The rubber duck on The Flume is not scary.

It is called The Blade. Not the Pirate Ship.

The Blade does not swing upside down upon request to the ride ops.

Air's tunnel is the dullest place on park.

Corkscrew had the best sounding lift hill. Ever.

John Wardley sleeps in Nemesis's station to remind himself how kick ass his finest piece of work is. To be confirmed

I don't know how reliable this is, but I found this somewhere
nby7hs.jpg

So does that mean Air stands for
Aerial Inversion Ride?

SEGA Mascot Sonic The Hedgehog has appeared at Alton Towers twice since his introduction in 1991. He appeared in the 1994 ride Toyland Tours ans stay there until its closure in 2005. He has since reappeared when the 2004 ride "Spinball Whizzer" was rethemed to Sonic Spinball in 2010

But I'm sure all Most of you already knew that

:)

Maya said:
I don't know how reliable this is, but I found this somewhere
nby7hs.jpg

So does that mean Air stands for
Aerial Inversion Ride?

It's rumoured yes. But it also suited Air's original theme more as FV haven too. Did you know that Air originally was supposed to have a oasis-style waterfall and is the saviour to Forbidden Valley?

This isn't a fact as such, but I believe that The Blade and Ripsaw were both weapons to attack Nemesis monster

Maya said:
This isn't a fact as such, but I believe that The Blade and Ripsaw were both weapons to attack Nemesis monster

Ripsaw and The Blade are supposedly pieces of shrapnel thrown from the pit that Nemesis inhabits.