• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers: What Ever Happened To...?

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Continued from the old site. A place to discuss forgotten rides or features and their whereabouts now or even question their existence.

I'll start us off...

What ever happened to the (horrible) Katangan golf hole and where/when/why did it go?

Would like to know what has happend to the beastie train as the track is still standing ??

josht said:
Would like to know what has happend to the beastie train as the track is still standing ??

I believe its in Merlin Studios North yard, but someone may know better!

Would like to know what happens to all the old theming from past areas does it get sold are just scrap ??

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened To...?

Ugland's old themeing is at the back of dark forest, I'm sure someone can post a link to the area on Google maps as I'm on my phone:(

EDIT: Here it is!

zk69mb.jpg

Most days these gates are open, So its worth a look inside!

Nick said:
What happened to the magic?

Towers is like a huge box of lego bricks. It is only when someone does something with the bricks, that the magic is felt. Towers has always prvided the conduit for us to make the magic for ourselves.
Stand under the gateway to X sector a listen to the chavs gasp when they see Oblivion for the first time. Peer at a window in the Towers during a rain storm and listen to folk still laughing.
Take a group of friends and feel their hands close tightly around yours when they are on Nemmie. The magic is there, if we want it to be.
:-*

Withnail said:
Stelios said:
I'll start us off...

What ever happened to the (horrible) Katangan golf hole and where/when/why did it go?

It left around May 2007, as part of a number of changes to games units etc, when HB Leisure took over the games at AT. Are we allowed to link to 'the other place' for information? http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/200713.htm#Katanga Construction

Thanks, but speaking of that link. Anyone know what happened with the Singing Barn when it re-opened? Was there any differences?

Mmm for cariba creek expansion.

Looking back only 5yrs ago, just reminds me how much of a poo-hole some areas of the park were. Looks far better now, stupid pizza hut/yourday/external branding everywhere.