• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers, world renowned?

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
We are perhaps at times, harsh on Towers... it is for their own good of course (and coz we luv em really)! We can also be a bit easier on coaster developments around the world, not quite so intensively scrutinised at times.

So...

A quote:

"Alton Towers is probably the park outside the US that I'd most like to visit. I think it's the way that their adaptation to a strict height limit has driven them to build unusual coasters that you can't really find anywhere else."

Taken from a comments section of this article from CoasterCritic.

I felt this gives us some opinions from elsewhere I found interesting to read.

And the man who clearly runs the site, Mr The Coaster Critic himself, has this to say:

I'm jealous. It's probably the park that I'd like visit the most outside of North America. Maybe in a few years I'll make it over there. Heck, maybe I could time it perfect and visit Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, and go to a Muse concert all in the same trip.

I guess I better start saving up :)

I am sure we can forgive him his Thorpe Park sentiments.

So, if you find places around the world talking about Towers, stick it in here and let's all have a read!

Especially interesting to gauge opinions on The Smiler!

Enjoy :)

I'm just glad he hasn't mentioned how he'd love to visit the BPB ahead of AT; as for some reason many Americans have a thing for amusement parks like BPB rather than theme parks.

Alastair said:
I'm just glad he hasn't mentioned how he'd love to visit the BPB ahead of AT; as for some reason many Americans have a thing for amusement parks like BPB rather than theme parks.

I love BPB but I have to agree, for people to know about the planning restrictions is interesting!