• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ant McPartlin - Saturday Night Takaway

Croftybaby

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Just interested in peoples opinions on this.

I've read that Ant McPartlin has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crashing his car and injuring a woman and young child.
The final of the series is due to air this week live from Orlando. Interested what people think about weather the show should go ahead?

I expect advertisers pay big bucks for this slot and to me it seems he's not being treated too harshly? Seems odd considering the serious nature of the incident. I wonder if Advertisers might pull the plug? No doubt Alton have booked a slot for Wicker man this weekend.

After seeing Lourainnnnnnne Kelllaaay seemingly backing him up this morning i'm wondering if it will all get brushed over.

First of all what he did was wrong, and I do not condone it in any way. Secondly I love Ant and Dec, they are the best at what they do.

I feel sorry for Ant, he's clearly going through a tough time in his life and he has the Mirror and The Sun following his every move. Some would say this is the price you pay for being famous but I can't agree with that. It cannot be nice knowing that whatever you do, serious or not, is going to end up as front page news.

Wayne Rooney was found guitly of being three times over the drink drive limit last year. He was not involved in a crash like in this case, but he was allowed to keep his job. The same can be said for several other sports people/sports presenters.

In my opinion the show should go ahead as planned, so long as Ant is happy for it to do so. But I admit I am biassed.

:)

I think Ant and Dec are totally bulletproof in the press and media, and given some of the more troubling accusations of abuse in the wider media, Ant smashing his car into another is small change, even if their was unfortunately a young girl involved. Of course Lorraine is backing him up, though. A&D are ITV's pair of golden geese. Saying that, it is definitely a bad state of affairs, as Ant was in rehab for some time last year for treatment for painkiller addiction, is going through a divorce, and he's long been well known for loving 'the sesh'. They have been doing Saturday Night Takeaway for a long, long time now, and while the money reflects their popularity, it's an enormous amount of pressure.

Anyway, SNT isn't to my taste, but they are indeed the best at what they do, and while this is a dreadful and irresponsible incident, I still don't want to see him get hauled over the coals by the tabloids.

Last edited:
I also Love Ant and Dec, although i don't get to see many of the shows as i work Saturday nights and they are not the type of things i'd watch on catchup.
It's fascinating the media slant though. Lorraine Kelly backing him up, This Morning today didn't mention it. ITV news reporting that he's been "released" rather than charged.

I gather the programmes main sponsor is a car company - Thats going to be awkward at the very least.

Mental health issues hit anyone.

The question is what is the underlying problem that makes him drink and take painkillers.

Everyone around him riding his fame should be looking after him.

He is in a very fortunate position of being able to get top grade help. Unlike many others who have to do it alone.

It is rumoured he was drunk driving. So he get a driving without due care / dangerous driving or driving whist under the influence.

As for the show, have the police relived him of his passport/ will the usa let him in. If the show goes on. I know they wont be showing the clip of him in the drivers seat of the sponsors car.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Might interest you all to know that SNT is not airing this week because of this. Ant has apparently returned to treatment according to BBC News, who are normally very reliable. I'm gutted about this, as I love SNT and Ant & Dec.

I feel sorry for Ant, he's clearly going through a tough time in his life and he has the Mirror and The Sun following his every move. Some would say this is the price you pay for being famous but I can't agree with that. It cannot be nice knowing that whatever you do, serious or not, is going to end up as front page news.
I can't help but think that should be a deterrent for drink driving? He has more to lose than others, I suspect.

I've never seen a programme they present. I hope he gets help for his troubles but ultimately there is no excuse for drink driving. Especially in London in a world of Uber.

We've only just started watching SNT but it seems a bundle of laughs, perhaps this time though the person who was with Ant and presumably allowed him to drive the car while clearly drunk should bear some responsibility, I believe it was his mother?

I know, I know, he should cop the full force of the law and loose his license for quiet some time but I've had no issues with taking someone's keys off them in the past and when a person is off their face and you're not, you bare some responsibility for their actions if you could have prevented it.

BTW the last show is not for 3 weeks, this weekends has been shelved, they'll probably get Mulhearn to present alongside Dec.

This weekend's edition of SNT has been cancelled, and they are looking at options for the remaining two episodes (which would not feaure Ant. :(
I do love SNT, and we entered the competition as well.
Hope it won't be discontinued.

I know who they are...pj and Duncan.
Couldn't tell you which is which though!
All I know is that one of them really hammered home the importance of wearing goggles when paintballing.

How have we got a thread for this non-story, but nothing on the fact that Russia has used weapons banned by the Geneva Convention on UK soil?

I haven't really got anything else to say but I hope the pre-recorded content still gets released like Saturday Knight Takeaway.