• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Arrival Plan?

meryll83

TS Member
We have 2 park days, thinking one morning head straight to The Smiler and another Galactica - is that where the biggest queues will be later in the day?

We're staying at the hotel so can get into the park an hour early, but is either ride open for the extra hour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 2 park days, thinking one morning head straight to The Smiler and another Galactica - is that where the biggest queues will be later in the day?

We're staying at the hotel so can get into the park an hour early, but is either ride open for the extra hour?

You're best to either head straight to Galactica when the park opens at 9am and wait until 10am for it to open, or wait until the end of the day when from 4:30 ish there is not much of a queue either.

Neither The Smiler or Galactica are available for ERT.

:)

My plan when I am going is spend ERT in cbeebies land (for octonauts coaster), Spinball Whizzer and oblivion/enterprise. Then go to Galatica via the skyride. Do nemesis/ blade now until 10:40 I presume timing wise. Then take the skyride to dark forest to do both Rita and Th13teen. Go to smiler and then go to do any rides you want in CCL. Take the skyride to forbidden valley where you can walk and do all of those west attractions.

Are the queues for both likely to get to the 2 hour mark on a weekend?

Smiler - no. It's been quiet during the Easter holidays at weekends so it will still be quiet on a normal weekend. Perhaps 30 minutes max.

Galactica - really depends when you're going, and whether it's on a 1 or 2 station service. On Friday (just gone) it had a 100 minute queue in the morning, 60 minutes in the afternoon but was walk-on at 4:45pm.

When are you going to the resort?

Sat 23rd and Sun 24th.
So perhaps Galactica wait the hour first thing, then see how The Smiler is the rest of the day and go do it first thing the second day if it's busy.
We're on a family trip with 2 young 'uns so I expect the afternoons will involve the water park.

I take it post accident queues for The Smiler aren't a patch on what they used to be then?

Sat 23rd and Sun 24th.
So perhaps Galactica wait the hour first thing, then see how The Smiler is the rest of the day and go do it first thing the second day if it's busy.
We're on a family trip with 2 young 'uns so I expect the afternoons will involve the water park.

I take it post accident queues for The Smiler aren't a patch on what they used to be then?

All the times I've been on this season (I've been over 4 weekends) the Smiler queue has not extended past the last outdoor cattlepen. :)

About 20 minutes. I wouldn't worry about the smiler queue being busy, id be surprised if it was longer than 35 on a busy day. Id use ert to walk up to fv, but if its going to be quiet latter on, just do oblivion and spinball as they're on ert and your in a good place to get to the smiler, though Rita is another ride that you might consider running to.

Leave Galactica to the end of the day, the biggest mistake you'll make is wasting the start of your day waiting for it when you can practically walk on at the end.

Most people head for Galatica first thing which leaves the rest of the park to yourself. I'll make the most of the ERT with Oblivion, Spinball and if you have little ones then don't forget CBeebies. It really don't matter which order you do the park after ERT, but like Burbs and Danny say's, Galatica gets quieter towards the end of the day, like within the last hour before closing.

Thank you all for the advice!

So actually use ERT for going on rides rather than waiting for ones that aren't open? Makes much more sense!

Glad to hear it sounds doable though, as I know in the past waiting that first hour has been the way to go!