• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

ATR - Financial Accounts...

MrMutterson

TS Member
Ok so I'm bored, the misses is snoring away and I'm passing time....

Whilst talking to a friend this evening about unrelated matters he mentioned a site where you can view company info for free...

http://www.duedil.com/ (I'm not plugging!)

register for free and you can peak at certain info without paying...

Search for "Alton towers resort operations limited" and presto! Those of you with a head for figures might follow it better than others and it's not the most up to date but gives an idea!

You have to pay for it via companies house so thought I'd mention it!

I've since discovered this one also...
http://www.levelbusiness.com/

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, loads of numbers to digest.

It's difficult as the last available data is from 2010. And also because Merlin seem to have their data split between multiple companies such as 'Alton Towers Resort Operations Ltd' which since 2009 have ceased trading (so presumably have moved their account details abroad?), 'Charcoal Midco 1 Limited' (who appear to be ATROL's parent), 'Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd' and 'Merlin Entertainments Group Holdings Ltd' (who appear to be the whole of Merlin)

Interestingly enough, ATROL and Charcoal both made recent losses... ATROL -£1,492,000 post-tax profitin 09 and Charcoal -872,000 post-tax profit in '10.

However, in 2010 Merlin Attractions Operations made a profit of £940,000 in 2010 up from -£1.1m in 2009

Merlin as a whole in 2010 made a whopping post-tax profit of £16,938,000 in 2010 up 210% from 2009's loss of £15,287,000

Basically, it appears Towers is still losing money whilst Merlin is on the whole raking it in.

Alton Towers Resort ltd stopped trading in 2009 as all the resort themeparks where merged into a single company. I think the also list in Luxemburg or some other strange place.

You'll never see the true figures as they have registered the consolidated holding company in Luxembourg. Alton Towers now act as an agent for Merlin Attractions Operations, so any funding and revenue is sent upwards through the chain. ATRO essentially no longer trade.

They reported losses, but from memory these losses are misrepresentative as the majority of debt is inter group funding.