• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best "non-ride attractions" at theme parks?

HaydenCR

TS Member
So what are the best non-ride attractions found in theme parks, and theme park resorts?

And I am counting waterslides as rides by the way!

My personal favourite has got to be DisneyQuest over at WDW. It is just this giant themed arcade, and it has some really tacky, horribly outdated "virtual reality" experiences too! No, I have never been there, but it does look like a good laugh, and it stands out as something we just don't really have here. (Especially with the shouting of the Trocadero recently)

If anyone had actually been there, the prize would almost certainly go to the Haunted Hospital at Fuji-Q, a permanent 45-minute scare maze through an abandoned hospital.

Fuji-Q_-_Haunted_hospital.jpg

shock_labyrinth.jpg

nope.attraction

Templo Del Fuego at PortAventura

Set in the Mexico area of PortAventura Park, Templo Del Fuego is a walk-through special effects attraction. After winding through the temple ruins and Mexican jungle you end up at the archaeologists camp at the entrance to the Temple. From here you follow the Indiana Jones type character through the chambers of the Temple to find the cursed treasure finishing off with a rather warm finale.

port_aventura_templo_del_fuego_01.jpg

08.jpg

th720_Templo_del_Fuego_6_1243360024.JPG

port%2B22

I have an inexplicable fondness for Twister at Universal Studios. Terribly old and cheesy though it may be, it has a certain charm about it - and the effects are pretty cool too. :p

I quite enjoy Poseidon's Fury at IOA or Tom Sawyers Island at California or Magic Kingdom.

siralgenon said:
Templo Del Fuego at PortAventura*

Set in the Mexico area of PortAventura Park, Templo Del Fuego is a walk-through special effects attraction. After winding through the temple ruins and Mexican jungle you end up at the archaeologists camp at the entrance to the Temple. From here you follow the Indiana Jones type character through the chambers of the Temple to find the cursed treasure finishing off with a rather warm finale.
* When open.

IllumiNations fireworks show at Epcot.

Poseidon's Fury at Universal IoA (looks like Templo Del Fuego is very very similar but I've never been to PA).

Turtle Talk with Crush at Epcot.

I know there is still a ride to it of sorts but I would add Hex at Alton Towers as well.

Miniland (when the vehicles are working and it looks tidy).

DisneyQuest is good, but maybe not as good as you expect it to be, the Buzz Lightyear Dodgems with cannons are the best attraction there I think!

Loved Earthquake at Universal, but now its been revamped to Disaster! its even better! The Rock FTW.

DisneyQuest was very cool, but very dated. I visited in 2004. Its one of the sadest things that arcades could no longer compete with home consoles, as some of them were very cool.

Diamond Mine at Europa Park is a great experience at Europa to just wonder through, and enjoy the sounds, lighting, and smells.

Pal Mickey at WDW was a nice addition, made wondering around the park more fun and interesting.

Gardens at Alton Towers, just chilling in the sunshine, enjoying the landscape, and having a sandwich is also a good experience.

Good Parks on a busy day, just enjoying the atmosphere, and seeing the buzz around the park. Even though the queues are long, on a sunny day, at a park with good operations, there is something special about being at a park on a busy day :)

Ian

Re: Best "non-ride attractions" at theme parks?

Spookslot at Efteling

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have a soft spot for the Robinson's Treehouse at the Disney Magic Kingdom parks.

Then there's the mazes at Legoland Windsor - not sure if they still exist anymore though?

:)

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I have a soft spot for the Robinson's Treehouse at the Disney Magic Kingdom parks.

Then there's the mazes at Legoland Windsor - not sure if they still exist anymore though?

:)

There is still Loki's Labyrinth just below the rapids.

Call me boring if you like but i'd quite happily spend a few hours walking round the towers ruins at alton towers, just love the architecture and love to imagine what it would have looked like when it was actually used as a home

I'm going to be a bit different here and say the gardens at Alton. They're stunning! I could easily spend a day alone just wandering around and taking everything in.

This is just a favourite of mine really rather than a 'best'!

Alice's Curious Labyrinth at Disneyland Paris; it's a source of nostalgia for me, being a huge '51 AiW Disney fanlady and it's a must-do on every trip I take there so I'd happily root myself in there for at least an hour.

n013217_2019juil30_alices-curious-labyrinth_926x351.jpg