• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best Scarefest Moments

Ben

TS Founding Member
Favourite Ride
Your Dad
Coming from the back of a conversation between me and Magrathea what have been your top moments of previous scarefest?

I have 2 top memories:

The Field of 1000 Screams - final year.
I LOVE a maze with a story and scenes revolving around you, some magnificent props such as army trucks and a bus!
The story about finding your escape was brilliant and the last scene on the bus where the driver went to investigate the engine issues and was dragged away by a zombie who then invaded the bus pushing you to the back - SO CLEVER. The best finale scene Ive ever encountered.

Room 13 - The Chef
Room 13 was such a nicely done little maze, really alot of love and detail in such a small area. The chef will always be stuck in my memory, making you stand against the wall and then slamming his meat cutter onto the table, splashing 'blood' at people and really utilising a small set so well. He was great.

I miss screfests of old and the hotel side of it so much more.

For me it has to be 2010's Boiler House. The first scene where you met the security guard and then made to rush into a shed to hide from Viktor Hamble was just brilliant!

For me it was 2008 when the boiler house and the field were by the hotel it was amazing espically with tott in park great scarefest

Voke said:
For me it has to be 2010's Boiler House. The first scene where you met the security guard and then made to rush into a shed to hide from Viktor Hamble was just brilliant!

Oh the one where he came out with biscuits as a scare? lol!
Then victor came bursting in and you had to run into the maze?

If thats the once you're thinking of then yes, what a great opening section! Also I loved the details in that maze, I vividly remember walking through the 'shower room' scene and noticing hundreds of polaroid photos suspended on string from the ceiling - very clever. [/color]

Simply entering the park in 2009 for my first Scarefest and noticing how amazing the atmosphere was. Nothing more needs to be said about how that will be one of my greatest moments ever spent at the park.

Sitting in the bar in the hotel watching people run out of Room 13 during it's first year. The reactions on the face's of the people emerging was brilliant, such an awesome maze.

The whole atomosphere around the park during Scarefest is brilliant. The park itself is amazing to visit at any time of the year but during Scarefest it really is a whole different atmospere and feeling altogether, it really is the best time to visit.

Field 2007

Waiting at midnight to get into the Field was something else. We were cold, damp... and it was VERY dark. We were nervous - and occasionally loud BANGS were heard from the corn. From Constable Yates "WAIIIT" to being jumped on in the Farmhouse - a truly epic experience and one I doubt will ever be repeated.

Room 13 2006
Anyone else do this? Room 13 before Scarefest even began. Back in 2006, the hotels went for a "mini Bloodfeast Banquet" theme - and it was cracking! The disgusting chef, and exiting into the bar was ridiculous. Short and sweet!

:)

2010 Carnival of Screams, James Paulding batching us into the maze with the words "there's a bit of a surprise for you all". Then John Wardley stepping out and welcoming us to the Carnival of Screams before one of the most affective opening scenes of a maze began.

Classic

Field of 1000 Screams 2007

Being absolutely mauled on a 'special' run through of the maze, with about 20 staff and actors banging on the farmhouse walls and windows before being pounced on by god-knows-how-many people when they burst through the door. Wasn't there someone with a rubber ring and a nipple piercing?!

Terror of the Towers 2008(?)

Unsure of the year, but there was a rather hairy one-off run through where we were the last group and they'd emptied the maze, so all the actors followed us through as we passed their scene. At the end of the maze was 'the cage'. I recall being licked in the ear, grabbed by the leg, and snarled at!!! I turned around once I'd escaped to find other members of our group in a heap on the floor, being scared to death. HILARIOUS!!!

Scare room 2010

13 girl in the bath behind the shower curtain. Enough said!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

2009 was my favourite year.

The Field of 1000 Screams, with the zombies and the bus finale was just epic. Best storytelling in a scare maze I have seen. The tension in the bus was incredible (as was the terror on Sazzle's face in one run through). Unforgettable and very much missed.

It was also the first year of ToTT with Monks, Vampires and the strobe maze. So atmospheric.

..thanks Dylan, I was kind of hoping no one would mention the fact I nearly died from being terrified!!

I recall being absolutely petrified, as I had gone from being at the front of the group throughout the maze to the back (I don't remember how that happened?), and therefore loaded into the bus last... to *then* be made the front of the group, and thus face to face with a number of scaaaaaaary zombies!

2009 Field was actually rather fabulous :).

My favourite Scarefest moment was when I went with some school friends back in 2010. The rides were minutes from closing and we'd headed off to the mazes by the hotel to get our slot in the Boiler House. A couple of my friends purchased some fake blood to scare the girls in our group and they tried to make me join in but I decided it'd be a bit mean.

We reached the Alton Towers hotel just ahead of the girls in our group and they cut the blood open and it exploded all over them, ruining everything they were wearing. The girls soon caught up because we could stop laughing and they asked us what was wrong and the two with blood turned towards them. At first they were a little startled, then they realised what they had been trying to do and became quite p****d-off with them. :p

They then spent the next 30 minutes trying to get their clothes clean before we entered the Boiler House. The funny thing was, they were too scared themselves about the maze so I went at the front for them.

Inside the maze, I spent more time trying to get the group to move because the girls kept falling over with fear and we had to keep waiting (as did the actors). Inside the maze, some of the curtains into the actors areas were left open and our group became lost inside the actors area. I knew I'd made a wrong turn when I lifted a curtain up to reveal the back stage area with clothes racks and actors sat around.

Mortified.

:p

I've never managed to get to a scarefest and actually do mazes!

Have to say though, that story is epic BigAl lol!!! ;D

Though a wrong turn in a horror maze, sounds like a late 80s/early 90s film, where you end up in some alternative horror dimension haha!

;D

Funny man!

EDIT: 10 mins later, STILL chuckling away at this ;D

EDIT EDIT: And still! ...

This is going down in history.

Team member Magrathea (James) was with a group of us TST folk in the batching area of The Sanctuary last Sunday, when the gardener walks up to him.

Gardener: *stares at James blankly, holding a garden gnome*
"This is Gnomey.
--pause--
This your head"
*raises a Sanctuary hand stamper and puts an ink smiley on James' forehead*

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We all fell about laughing, and the poor gardener was nearly out of character from laughing!

I would have to say my best Scarefest moment came back in 2010, inside that oh so rare and much loved attraction 'Hex; Live'

Said story involves myself and TS Team Member Sazzle.

Well, we entered the cinema and were immediately looking for where the actors could come from. Now we were at the back of the group and noticed the small curtain at the back, we were so convinced this was new we forgot to even check the front until we heard screams half way through the video, only to turn around and find the entire group had parted and there were two small women stood staring right at us stood alone at the back. Soooo, what happened next, well, this was the point said Team Member Sazzle decided it would be a good idea to grab me by the arms and use me as a shield, slowly walking backwards as the actors backed us up towards the front of the cinema and through the doors into The Octagon.

Now obviously at this point, the next set of actors saw us being picked on... And instantly had their targets for their portion of the 'show'. Needless to say as the lights dimmed off we were scared and rightly so, when the lightning flashed around 4 actors had gathered around us and proceeded to chase us all the way to the vault then abuse us for a while until the doors opened!

Soooo, what's the moral of the story... Never... EVER do a Scare Attraction with Saz!!! :p

Also, if you ever hear Saz shout 'Bodyguard' at me on a meet... Now you know why! ;)

Epic times <3

I was in The Sanctuary last night, and just before Marmalisation, a patient and doctor, both screamed at the same to me "It's him! It's him! He's here again! It's him! HA.HA.HA.HA.HA.HA!"

Sticking with The Sanctuary. I was in a batch with about 7 other enthusiasts friends, who have also been through many times, but there were two girls who had never been through before. So when Dr Kelman started his speech, he stopped and said "Is there anybody who has had surgery before here at The Sanctuary", we all put our hands up except the two girls. Then Kelman said to us "Right, I don't have anything else to say to you lot, talk amongst yourselves" to then he then went to the back and did his usual speech to the two girls.

Also over at Carnival, I was leading the group. So knowing the layout pretty well, I was going to go straight through the mirror maze and straight through into the next section, but a clown stood in front of me and said to me "Go on Sonny, play the game, don't be a spoilsport, or you'll ruin our timing".

I think when you go through the mazes as much as myself and my friends do, we're bound to get these great amazing moments!

:)

For me it has to be the first time we all went though the field of 1000 screams during its first year.

It was a totally new experience for most people I think, and the atmosphere queuing up into the night outside the maze was brilliant. As we queued we could hear the screams and the banging coming from winin the field, making us all wonder what the hell was going on in there!!

The little touches like each group being given a torch to find their way through the maze that made this attraction, it all seemed so much more real the the other mazes, once we escaped from the maze many of the group were visibly shaken by what we had just seen!!

Unfortunately the quality of this maze declined over the following few years, due to a lack of innovation, with the exception of the bus scene during its final incarnation.

My highlight was definately the Field of 1000 Screams they year they had the bus (now in Zombie Scare zone) at the end. Running on to the bus at the command of the bus driver who would get us away from the Zombies, then he disappears, lights off, dark, strobes flashing, smoke, and zombies at the windows, and crawling up the middle of the bus towards us who were now all at the rear.

No where to go, no exit, just sheer panic from everyone as they started jumping up on the seats at us. Then, the tony emergency exit door opens and we have to jump out and leg it. Excellent!

2010. Walking through FV, and turning the corner to see Nemesis bathed in red light and smoke for the first time.... Lightingasm.

Shame it looks pants now :'(