• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Best/Worst Backyard Coasters/Rides

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
Once again, our beloved Smiler is down. Thousands travel to ride it, alas, she is closed. :(

BUT WAIT!!

TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN FOLKS!! For all is not lost.

No, it is time, to build your OWN Smiler, or Ultimate - and hopefully this topic will inspire just that (there's probably one already out there somewhere, if so apologies).

So here we go, I will start you off with two.

This is Jeremy Wardley, sorry, Reid. With "Oklahoma Land Run". Taking up the rear of The Ultimate, or perhaps Iron Rattler. This 444ft long Woodie, with a 20ft drop, 4 in total, 50 degree banked turn, and top speed of 20mph with fully functioning lift hill is really at the height of Backyard Coaster technology.

It is around 60 seconds long, and has a colossal 3.5G!

Seriously though? That is some going for a one person back yard project, the GCI of home coasters. So here it is: Oklahoma Land Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JyAOXOHvys#
Visit Jeremy's site here

And now we move along, to the Zamperla of the backyard world. Hoping to pitch this new model to Drayton Manor, the early prototype with seating that still looks better than the X-Car,

I present to you: Thomas Coaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojS-T8Us6BM#ws

Definitely within budget, compliments their existing line up, is probably more comfortable than G-Force (so I am told), and look at those restraint systems!!

(Joking aside, fair play to all these folks that make these!)

There are loads of these online now, and rather than post them all, I thought I'd encourage you all to find your best/worst/funniest etc.

Backyard Coasters FTW!!

All the first coaster needs is some brakes and a station! I wanna go!

That is impressive! Although not sure I would trust it, and not sure it's just like his favourite Disney ride! :p

That looks absolutely sensational, especially for a backyard creation! I must admit, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a launched backyard coaster!