• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool PB 03/06/19

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Today I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach for the first time in a couple of years. Didn't do everything but did two new coasters (for me) and generally had a great time. The park is very clean and I quite like the fact it has it's own radio station playing music thorough the park. The staff were really friendly and helpful from start to finish. Icon was amazing and blew me away, so smooth and enjoyable! Revolution was ace too.

Ride count- (no particular order)

Ice Blast x3 (one single ride and two back-to-back rides)

Ghost Train x1

W&G Thrill-o-Matic
x1

Avalanche
x1 (back row)

Big One
x1 (second-to-back car, middle row)

Revolution
x2 (both rides back car, first row)

Icon
x2 (front and back)

River Caves
x1

Steeplechase
x1

Nic Streak
x1 (back row)

Blue Flyer
x1 (back row)

Rugrats Lost River x1

Skyforce x1

Last edited:
A very decent ride count there!
It certainly was! We had about 6 hours in the park.

I think Icon just edges Wicker Man for me, being so smooth and enjoyable whist being thrilling. The launches were quite forceful too.

Revolution x2 (both rides back car, first row)

Nice report. I must admit that whilst the front row of the front car of Rev is great for the initial launch, I do like the front row of the back car as well, because it feels that bit less intense on the backwards loop (which still frightens the crap out of me, in that it turns my stomach!). Good to see you enjoyed the dark rides too. No surprise given the weather

If you want to, on a weekday at BPB, you can notch up an insane ride count sometimes, given the close proximity of the rides. I say 'if you want to', because if you are an old fart like @shakey @rob666 and to a lesser degree my good self, frequent visits to the bar & toilet must be factored in :D

I personally found the launches forceful. I was talking about the acceleration. ;)
I'd argue that's an even more uncommon opinion! Even though I adore the ride as a whole and think it packs some intense moments, especially during that relentless second half, I will agree with the majority in saying that the launches are not very forceful, in my opinion, although I don't think the launches really need to be that forceful on a ride like Icon!

On an interesting note, according to BPB's statistics listed on the Icon page for the ride's acceleration (0-50 in 2.25 seconds), Icon has an acceleration of approximately 9m/s squared, which is roughly the same as Rock'n'Rollercoaster at WDW. I find this very strange given that Rock'n'Rollercoaster felt as forceful as a hydraulic launch, whereas Icon felt like one of the more gradual launches I've experienced; I suppose it could be that Icon has a slower rate of change of acceleration...
EDIT: It would seem that Icon's launch acceleration is actually faster than RnRC's after checking Google, as RnRC has an acceleration of approximately 9.1, whereas Icon's is 9.9!