• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I watched that yesterday and shes the type of person you wouldn’t want to mess with so can understand she’s got yes personal working for her now.
Valhalla worked when it was ticket per ride system as the amount of guests who would have gone on it would easily have paid for its yearly running costs.
With the cost Electric and Gas going up again next year I wouldn’t be surprised that she replaces the fire effects with theses.

902499F4-9D82-4CF9-9D33-973E11CAD64E.png
I honestly don't think these fire effects will be too far from the truth!

The Twitter rant Yesterday was just unbelievable. I've never known anything like it and shows how poorly managed the park is in addition to all the issues spoken about over pages and pages of this thread. The park really is run by amateurs and needs to be sold to a professional outfit that knows how to run an amusement park. The last few years I've been hoping for them to turn things around to keep it in the Thompson family but they need to go because I can't see the park existing within the next 5 years under Amanda's management.

Amanda doesn't really need to know about every piece of minutiae that goes in there.

But you would expect her, as the CEO, to have a firm grasp and understand of the issues that have caused huge delays to one of the headline attractions in her park opening.

She clearly does not have a clue about these.

Or she does and she's telling us a pack of lies.....

As much as I don't rate her, she certainly doesn't come across as someone who would be left in the dark over anything that big. She seems the complete opposite of that in fact when you hear her talk.

Or she does and she's telling us a pack of lies.....

This. I bet she knows exactly what is going on with Valhalla and the work it needs and the timeline for getting it reopened. If the ride isn’t reopening until 2023 it’s probably because she has chosen for it to not reopen until 2023 based on financial reasons for punting on for another season rather than spending what it would take to get it open in 2022.

So, apparently, they’re demolishing Grand National. Again.

The parks haven’t even been closed for a full day…

For what it’s worth, this source seems pretty reliable for BPB info.

They were the one to reveal that Valhalla was closing for the 2020 season, and despite many rubbishing their claims, that rumour was proven true…

Please lord, be true. They could use the wood to put on a half decent bonfire for BFN next year as opposed to the crap, low budget "shows" they usually do.

They have already started maintenance on two of the trains, which would be odd.
Come on Rick, this is the Beach, they do everything odd.
Have to say it has run better this year than the previous few...smoother overall and quicker over the last hills.
They can stop running it for a while, to save staff costs, and send all the staff over to Valhalla.
The only thing I noticed yesterday was the inside of the southern loop of the figure eight had been cleared out and tidied up.

Can't see the fact the wooden coasters have been listed would ever save them in the long term. The park would just point to the swingeing costs to maintain the things, whilst also pointing to the continuous complaints the ride receives from its declining ridership as to reasons why they can't keep operating it.

I hope its not true though, it's the coaster I'm the most nostalgic about from visiting when I was younger.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.