• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Longest queue on the park when I was there early on Sunday...Steeplechase!
Why kill off an attraction that is unique and very popular with all ages?
I believe that may be due to its dire throughput and not it's popularity, Rob šŸ˜‰

I would much prefer Nash to go over the steeple chase. It would be very difficult to fit anything substantial on the steeplechase area without the added cost of threading it around parts of Icon, streak and dipper.

To be fair, Nash on a non wheel seat has been perfectly fine this year. But should picking the right seat be needed to make a ride enjoyable ? That seems to be the case with several pleasure beach coasters.

Lets face it though, there's more chance of platting fog than pleasure beach adding a new coaster in the foreseeable future.

I believe that may be due to its dire throughput and not it's popularity, Rob šŸ˜‰
A hundred people happy to wait half an hour when other rides were walk on, on a pretty quiet day.
It is a very popular ride with people of all ages, threaded through three other attractions, the footprint of the ride is minimal.

And back to the Nash, it is running smoother after the refit, you need to give it another ride Rob, even shakey thought it acceptable last time!
Nothing else like it for racing another train of screaming thoosies on a mission.
Slacken that belt, loosen that lapbar, avoid a wheel seat, and it barely hurts these days.
Possibly.

Longest queue on the park when I was there early on Sunday...Steeplechase!
Why kill off an attraction that is unique and very popular with all ages?
Unique doesn't equal a good ride. Id also question if the quƩ was because only one track, it's not a high capacity ride. Nothing lasts forever and I just don't see what it offers other than nostalgia.

Unique doesn't equal a good ride. Id also question if the quƩ was because only one track, it's not a high capacity ride. Nothing lasts forever and I just don't see what it offers other than nostalgia.

It offers a fun alternative riding experience with an added racing dynamic. It is still popular with families and I personally enjoy it.

It has mostly been on two lanes in 2022 instead of all 3 which is a shame, but that is largely down to CBA than anything else. I have not seen it operate on less than 2 lanes this season.

I can't see it going anywhere unless it becomes difficult and costly to maintain. Or there is some bizarre H&S incident.

Last edited:
It was on two tracks.
Lots of people love it and queue for it.
Blackpool just doesn't do capacity any more.
But if it is not to your taste...just pull the thing down.

Try doing it no handed all the way with old man's hips.

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

What are the family coasters that enthusiasts really rave about? Steeplechase and an RMC are clearly aimed at different audiences. Steeplechase isn't perfect, but I'd say it's one of the UK's better family steel coasters.

It's a very unique ride which is what makes it so special.

Not the smoothest of rides but I still enjoy it and be a shame to lose it.

Rides being unique is something that I think is less interesting to the masses than it is to this community - especially in the family bracket.
I think this is right to an extent. The public donā€™t care that Steeplechase is an Arrow or that itā€™s the only one left.

That said, I think they do recognise it as a unique attraction, just because of its very nature of being a coaster with racing horses.

I think for non-enthusiasts, Steeplechase is an "ooh that's different" ride; one which has a broad appeal and that families love.

Knowing that it's the last Arrow Steeplechase in operation, perhaps not, but enjoying a ride that's completely different to rides elsewhere absolutely has broader appeal than just the enthusiast community.

I think with any form of entertainment, people who are big fans care more about uniqueness than people who arenā€™t. Big fans of detective novels will appreciate a Who Dunnit with an unusual storyline or twist more than people who arenā€™t. Big comedy fans will appreciate an unusual routine more, and big magic fans will appreciate an unusual trick more.

With the Internet there probably is a not insignificant pool of people following things like Theme Park Worldwide who know less than a lot of the people on here, but more than a ā€˜casual visitorā€™. How much do they appreciate uniqueness?

Even if people donā€™t know whether somethingā€™s unique, a custom designed ride does feel different to the boxy feel of parks with a lot of standard layouts. Even if you didnā€™t ā€˜knowā€™ that The Steeplechase was unique, there are several rides weaving around each other in that area of the park. That wouldnā€™t happen if the coasters were all standard layouts. Some people will like the close proximity of the rides, others will prefer something more spread out. But the custom coasters threading through each other certainly gives the park a different atmosphere to places like Thorpe Park.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.