• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just watched TPWW end of season vlogs from pleasure beach and the Christmas by the sea event near the tower.

Interesting to see the pleasure beach absolutely dead during the day, but a busy Christmas by the sea event and busy traffic on the prom. Guessing the star flyer alone will have taken more money than the pleasure beach did!

Pay per ride debate anyone !!

Just goes to show that there is a market for being open in the evenings. If it's on the right day and at the right price !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So have they only just blocked the station in on Valhalla? You’d think that is a big change that would have been done nearer the beginning of the project, unless it’s recent retrospective decision.

I can’t wait to find out what they’ve actually done inside. Have they not released any plans etc?

Been at the beach with the dog this morning so I've taken a couple of photos from the park for you all.

Big One track removal underway

PXL_20221203_121038300.jpg

Not only is the Grand National still there, they have opted to complete winter maintenance on it prior to knocking it down.

PXL_20221203_121448853.jpg

Nearly drove into Nick T in his Bentley when trying to find my sunglasses.

Last edited:
This is on eBay, incredibly rare, perhaps one of a kind and (I guess) the price is reflective of that.

Screenshot_20221207-194200.png

The wheel is the one from Morecambe.

Because they weren't designed with the aid of a coathanger, and the other steel rides aren't quite as exposed to the sea spray on a regular basis.
Rattling transitions lead to stress fractures in the steel, the Big One has quite a few.
You can taste the salt on a windy day from the Big One.
I’m surprised Infusion didn’t have the same problem as just been behind it.

Infusion was built to a much better standard than PMBO. Think that says more about PMBO than complimenting Infusion as it is horrendous. MP-Xpress for example is nearly as bad as Infusion in terms of ride and it is at least 150 miles from the sea.

There is a new promo image for Valhalla in the Visit Blackpool 2023 guide.

1670886441448.png

In the politest way possible, I don't know what to make of this.

Guide: https://www.visitblackpool.com/latest-news/destination-guide-2023-is-here/

No ride vehicle shown there, maybe Mandy has spent all this time “reimagining” Valhalla as a walk through attraction consisting of an empty building with no water or boats and three bored looking crew members in those whatever those costumes are.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.