• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm sure Isla Mágica is a truly wonderful place, so if discussion is to be continued, please feel free to create a topic all of its own!

In the meantime, if we could get back on to BPB, or even season pass specifics for BPB, that'd be great. Thanks. :)

My question: If you had to set a price point for entry and a season pass, what would it be?

I might be out the loop on prices but I'd set it around £29 and £99 respectively. A busy Beach with secondary spend must bring more than a quiet one with higher entry?

I mean even if they get rid of the backwards section they will still need a turntable before the drop, there is no way they could get a Channel to turn in the space so I would assume a turntable but one that just send the boat down forwards.

Curious however, why they would lose the backward drop if they have to maintain the cost of a turning mechanism?

Last edited:
I suspect Mandy is referring to it no longer going backwards, but we'll have to wait and see. Does seem strange to keep a turntable but stop it going backwards mind.

I suspect Mandy is referring to it no longer going backwards, but we'll have to wait and see. Does seem strange to keep a turntable but stop it going backwards mind.
They would be removing a turn table though if it no longer went backwards.

The backwards drop required 2 turntables.

A forwards drop would only require one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It's been so long since I last rode Valhalla that I can't quite remember how the turntable at the bottom of the drop works. Was it just rotating the boat 180 degrees so that it could carry on its path but forwards?

It's been so long since I last rode Valhalla that I can't quite remember how the turntable at the bottom of the drop works. Was it just rotating the boat 180 degrees so that it could carry on its path but forwards?
Looking at this lights-on POV both turntables are more like track switches as they can only turn a certain distance, although the bottom switch looks to turn more than the top one. They would need a fair bit of reconfiguring to keep the boat facing forwards, and I'm not convinced there's enough space for that.

Last edited:
Bit dark and windy...meant to be a maelstrom...if you have a very vivid imagination.
All the staff inside the nordic log flume shed have had to sign non disclosure agreements, with the threat of the sack if leaks come out...
But I know for a fact that they are putting a woodie in there.

They are rebuilding Wild Mouse in there, hence all the secrecy

Of course, it all makes perfect sense now. I was beginning to think the park were losing it when they demolished the best roller-coaster in the country without warning and for no good reason.

But all along they were just planning on rebuilding it in the dark !!! - A master stroke !!

I see the Big One has been closed all week for maintenance (CBA)

Re PMBO closure: there was a tent part way up the hill after the first drop earlier this week, looks like they might have been doing some repair work in that area rather than it just being a case of CBA. The park has certainly been fairly busy this week so I don't think they'd choose to have it shut.

As for Valhalla, from what I remember of the layout the first turntable rotated the boat much less than the second. I don't think there's enough space to remove the first turntable without making substantial changes to the ride layout

Double post, sue me.

If anyone was planning on visiting late night riding this saturday, note that the opening hours have just been slashed by 2 hrs - the park is now advertising an 8pm closure. I guess if you were really desperate to look on the bright side you could argue that maybe the queues won't be as long as you thought they might be..?

1656002197518.png

Double post, sue me.

If anyone was planning on visiting late night riding this saturday, note that the opening hours have just been slashed by 2 hrs - the park is now advertising an 8pm closure. I guess if you were really desperate to look on the bright side you could argue that maybe the queues won't be as long as you thought they might be..?

1656002197518.png
That's appalling. Thought the point of Late Night Riding was just that - late? And it won't be even vaguely dark by 8pm.

Puts me off planning a visit later in the year if they can just slash opening hours at such short notice.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.