• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Parking is the worst part about the airshow weekend at Pleasure Beach, as people pay to park there even if they aren't going on site.

Generally, the park is not too busy. In fact, the last time I went when the airshow was on, the park had pretty much emptied out for the Red Arrows finale.

School trip torture in the sun...
The only time I'm allowed to peep at queuetimes.
Ninety minute queue, in the baking unshaded sun...
for inFusion.
Why?

Hi guys. Goin PB on Wednesday. After seeing how busy it is today im planning on getting there early to get a few rides in b4 the school trips get there. I know it opens at 10 but do they let u in b4 that like they do at towers? So u can be on your first ride at 10 rather than the turnstiles opening at that time? Thanks.

Hi guys. Goin PB on Wednesday. After seeing how busy it is today im planning on getting there early to get a few rides in b4 the school trips get there. I know it opens at 10 but do they let u in b4 that like they do at towers? So u can be on your first ride at 10 rather than the turnstiles opening at that time? Thanks.

There's a good chance that most, if not all, of the trip punters will be there ready for opening themselves. You just have to grin and bear it until around 3pm when they start heading back to the entrance to get back on their buses. They sometimes let you in a little before the stated opening time, but I doubt you'll be able to go on much. For example if you walk into the park dead on 10 hoping to go straight on Grand National, it may well not open til 10:30. You could probably beat a lot of the trip goers if you head to Big One or Icon in good time.

There's a good chance that most, if not all, of the trip punters will be there ready for opening themselves. You just have to grin and bear it until around 3pm when they start heading back to the entrance to get back on their buses. They sometimes let you in a little before the stated opening time, but I doubt you'll be able to go on much. For example if you walk into the park dead on 10 hoping to go straight on Grand National, it may well not open til 10:30. You could probably beat a lot of the trip goers if you head to Big One or Icon in good time.
Cheers. I will head for the big one first thing. I thought about treating myself to a go on Enso (assuming its running) so that’d be the big 2 done pretty early. Then I can grab a few beers/icecream whilst the madness happens. Lol

They don't put the enso car on until 2pm usually, but you get to virtual queue for it via the steps by the dipper exit stairs.
Big One is promised on 2 trains every day for the school trips, and the staff are shifting the queue.
I would strongly suggest getting the basic speedypass this week, then you can beer/ do a smaller ride while in another virtual queue.

They don't put the enso car on until 2pm usually, but you get to virtual queue for it via the steps by the dipper exit stairs.
Big One is promised on 2 trains every day for the school trips, and the staff are shifting the queue.
I would strongly suggest getting the basic speedypass this week, then you can beer/ do a smaller ride while in another virtual queue.
Cheers for the info. I may well do that, i’ll see how I feel. I thought i’d get away with it being not to busy this week but clearly not! Lol. Ah well, will still be a fun day in the sun 😀

We visited the park on Sunday for my nephew's 13th Birthday. It was busy with the good weather as expected but without being unmanageable. 35 mins was longest we waited for Big One and ICON all day. Had 3 rides on each.

Had the smoothest ride on the BIG ONE I have had in years too on the front row. All except two major bumps ironically right near where the new track is as it goes up to the Block Brake section. Still it was better than expected.

ICON was running very nice indeed. Still not my favourite UK coaster but it's its up there for sure.

Had last ride of the day on NASHY at 5.50pm and my word that thing is beyond saving. It was borderline criminal what it did to my ribs and knees. This is going to upset some folk on here but I simply don't care.....please somebody for the love of god knock it down or set it on fire. It's absolutely awful.

We visited the park on Sunday for my nephew's 13th Birthday. It was busy with the good weather as expected but without being unmanageable. 35 mins was longest we waited for Big One and ICON all day. Had 3 rides on each.

Had the smoothest ride on the BIG ONE I have had in years too on the front row. All except two major bumps ironically right near where the new track is as it goes up to the Block Brake section. Still it was better than expected.

ICON was running very nice indeed. Still not my favourite UK coaster but it's its up there for sure.

Had last ride of the day on NASHY at 5.50pm and my word that thing is beyond saving. It was borderline criminal what it did to my ribs and knees. This is going to upset some folk on here but I simply don't care.....please somebody for the love of god knock it down or set it on fire. It's absolutely awful.
ICON is my favourite UK coaster so that’s why im going back this week.
The nash is all about avoiding the wheel seats! Haha. I rode a non wheel seat and it was absolutely fine.The back row however gave me a splitting headache and made me feel like crap for the rest of the day. Doing it last is definitely the best strategy so that if it messes u up, it doesn’t ruin the rest of the day. U did the right thing doing it at 5:50pm. Lol

No Valhalla real news, which is poor considering it is "Reopening Summer 2022".
2 rumours...
"It is absolutely nowhere near opening...expect opening around the Illuminations. Everything is fitted and working, but the bits aren't synchronised."
And... "It is nowhere near opening... still waiting for bits, loads of issues...expect summer 2023".
Good sources, including a nameless freak on here who is an impeccable source.
Sorry.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.