• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I got grief from Pleasure Beach Experience, about a decade ago, for saying that Hot Ice was a massive cost to the park, without ever having a realistic chance of profit, and was killing the chance of profitability of the park in the long term, just because Mandy has it as her pet project.
I was completely correct, but my comments were seen in a very negative light by the site management, and were censored.
If it has been losing around a million a year, as previously rumoured by others "in the know", they are between twenty and thirty million pounds down now, on a product that has been an obvious commercial failure for all of this century, not just the last few years.
The next time the park goes begging for a loan, the lender needs to insist on new management, to stop the need for bail out loans in the first place.
I'm sure than nice Ms Truss will lend her a few quid.

I got grief from Pleasure Beach Experience, about a decade ago, for saying that Hot Ice was a massive cost to the park, without ever having a realistic chance of profit, and was killing the chance of profitability of the park in the long term, just because Mandy has it as her pet project.
I was completely correct, but my comments were seen in a very negative light by the site management, and were censored.
If it has been losing around a million a year, as previously rumoured by others "in the know", they are between twenty and thirty million pounds down now, on a product that has been an obvious commercial failure for all of this century, not just the last few years.
The next time the park goes begging for a loan, the lender needs to insist on new management, to stop the need for bail out loans in the first place.
I'm sure than nice Ms Truss will lend her a few quid.

Well in an an interview from Amanda 2009.

It says "Last August takings were down £4million which meant sacrificing Amanda’s beloved ice show."
You would not sacrifice something if it is cheap to run and or it was making money, period. Clearly it is not making money and has not been well over a decade ago.

The grief sounds like people apparently "in the know" do not like it when other people know things they do not know. See it all the time in this hobby.

Clearly a lot of discontent about BPB this season. I understand a lot of the frustration, particularly for those who travel some way, book hotels, and/or pay a lot of money for family entry, but as usual for me it comes back to the whole thing of:

Yes, the likes of Merlin may run the park better, give better customer service, etc, but if they tear down a chunk of the historic rides, and install smooth, inoffensive, boring, soulless rides you can fall asleep on like Icon, I’m not sure I’d want to visit much at all.

But for sure, all the history & heritage of this unique park deserves better, as do those who fork out good money to visit. I’ll probably still ride Icon today, but someone will have to wake me up when it’s time to disembark!

Could I just add that shakey did his first ride this year on the Nash today (with his mate's), and we all agreed...again...that the ride is running much smoother, and a little faster towards the end.
No longer quite as rough as a badger's bottom, but better than it used to be.

I can confirm the Nash was much better than last season. I've been avoiding it this year so far but decided to risk it today and was pleasantly surprised. Sat on the next to back row (so a non wheel seat). Dipper was far rougher today.

Anyway a quick report on the day and to be honest I would say it's mostly positive in terms of getting on rides.

Big one 5 mins in the morning and 10 in the afternoon (two trains).

Icon 5 mins in late morning.

Nash 10mins (one set of trains)

Dipper 30mins in the afternoon (one train)

Steeple 15mins late morning (2 lanes)

Didn't do avalanche but guessing it was no more than 20-30 mins on 2 trains.

Infusion queue wasn't even coming out of the station.

Streak looked busy and was probably an hour queue by mid afternoon so gave that a miss.

Sky force - walk on.

Flying machines and Derby racer 5 mins in afternoon.

Operations were fairly good but steeple could and should have been on all 3 lanes as the queue was much longer in the afternoon. Dipper should have been on two trains. I asked one of the rides staff about it and he said they tried to put two trains on in the morning but were told to take it off again!!!

Nickland was fairly busy so a bit daft that it shuts an hour earlier .

Overall a good day out with good company as always.

And how many times can you spell the word "brake" wrongly.....

087ffa52e8eec67c486118881529b707.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Amanda saying in that tweet "I want the ride open more than you". It sounds tone death, childish and sums up everything wrong with Amanda. It is almost like her saying "you can love the ride, but not as much as me, because Daddy built it."
A bit harsh. I think she wants it open more than anyone because she is frustrated about all the delays, baring in mind it should have been finished and open over a year ago.
Delays caused mainly by Covid (Lockdowns and social distancing meant no work could take place), and Brexit (supply chain issues for materials and parts) have meant that it still isn't open, but Amanda is still hoping to have it open this year. Looks like it will probably miss the stated Summer 2022 opening time though, unfortunately.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.