• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The park has announced you can now use the season pass to gain entry to 4 other parks, Lisberg, Europa, Efteling, Isla magic
I was hoping this perk returned. It makes the pass extremely good value for money if you do plan to visit any of the parks. I was planning a trip to Europa later this year and visit Gothenburg regularly as I a friend who live two miles from Liseberg.

That’s pretty great isn’t it that you can visit those with a season pass. Interestingly enough I noticed on the Phantasialand website that anyone can visit for free on their birthday,
You have can get a €12 discount at Efteling then month of your birthday.

Is the trip to the lisberg ( once in gothenhurg ) actually easy ? I've been past the park one new years eve yet it was obviously shut

Is the trip to the lisberg ( once in gothenhurg ) actually easy ? I've been past the park one new years eve yet it was obviously shut
Without wishing to take it off topic, it's probably one of the easiest parks to visit from the UK if you can get a direct flight to Gothenburg. Take the discussion over to the Liseberg thread and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need 👍

Without wishing to take it off topic, it's probably one of the easiest parks to visit from the UK if you can get a direct flight to Gothenburg. Take the discussion over to the Liseberg thread and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need 👍
Yeah sorry drifted off !

In normal conditions you would think it would be designed to run unaided, as long as it gets over the hill (even if it crawls).

I wonder if there is something about all the obstacles that they had to contend with that means the profile is what they were forced to use, rather than what would be optimal to lower the risk of stalling. Just doesn't feel like something Mack would do.

There was some wind today, perhaps I'm overthinking it. It just s

In normal conditions you would think it would be designed to run unaided, as long as it gets over the hill (even if it crawls).

I wonder if there is something about all the obstacles that they had to contend with that means the profile is what they were forced to use, rather than what would be optimal to lower the risk of stalling. Just doesn't feel like something Mack would do.

There was some wind today, perhaps I'm overthinking it. It just s
In fairness, I'd imagine that the park's coastal location puts them at far greater risk from things like sudden rogue gusts than a more inland location, so likelihood of stalling might be harder to forecast during the design stage.

In fairness, I'd imagine that the park's coastal location puts them at far greater risk from things like sudden rogue gusts than a more inland location, so likelihood of stalling might be harder to forecast during the design stage.
But you account for that, right?

If only they had 125 years of history running coasters on that site to learn from.

But you account for that, right?

If only they had 125 years of history running coasters on that site to learn from.
If it's an unexpected gust after the rides launched during testing probably not.

Look at Cedar Point the other year were they managed to valley Gate Keeper with guests on due to a completely unexpected gust of wind hitting at the wrong time.

Could they put screens around particularly exposed areas to reduce wind? Preferably transparent screens as the views are lovely
I'd hazard a guess that the extra hassle of putting them up and maintaining them isn't worth the one or two times it'll stall in that area a year.

If you see it testing first thing it does take that barrel roll extraordinarily slowly. There has to be a permanent risk of stalling there if it were to stall anywhere.

As Rick says, it seems a little amateurish to have such a perilously slow point of the ride where the design itself seems to lend itself to a stall risk.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.