• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Some really nice PMBO construction photos here from ECC, including a great (and rare!) view of the original first drop.

Hats off to Justin for posting them. This is real content, in lieu of some vlogknobbery. I am sure the usual suspects have saved these to their mum's laptop and are ready to unleash a tedious 20 minute video of the stills with Wikipedia nonsense mispronounced over the top of them, without permission.

Get off my lawn.

Did they have to change that last bit or something during the construction, as the track is just metal and not painted. I would have expected it all to have been painted offsite before it was constructed.
The fact the frontmost support has been stilted with another bit would indicate that yup, they definitely didn't do that bit right first time 😂

Some really nice PMBO construction photos here from ECC, including a great (and rare!) view of the original first drop.
Although not a member, I've noticed the ECC have recently become more "down with the kids" on Twitter.

IIRC there was some beautiful bodging either before or after the turnaround, whether that was part of the reprofiling or original, I don't know

Some of the bodges on the Big One are phenomenal, I have posted some of them before - will take a couple of photos next time on park.

The one outlined above is pretty interesting, not least because the way it's painted now, it's actually not very noticeable. The main support is blue, but the support on top of the support is red, so it blends is pretty well - on the face of it, the track just has a long 'connector' to the column.

See here on Street View. Who needs to actually visit the parks !

It’s amazes be the thing actually works with the amount of bodge work

Going to the park this weekend for the first time in three years …. Not expecting much but this misses is visiting family

Cursed coaster supports has quite the collection of PMBO bodges. This one is a personal favourite:

For some reason it makes me think of a mushroom growing out the top of the main column

Also in the top of the shot the connector has been moved on top of the support so it isn't central. A double in one shot.

It's a triple - the frame just in front of the train has been extended by a similar amount to the column. Hard to tell unless you look at the full size image, but the original connector is still visible on the 2nd beam from the top.

Last time I was at the park I was wondering if the big white structure that's part of the turn around was in fact designed in that way incase they had to come back a few years later and re-profile the whole thing.

Next time you go through that section have a look at were the original track would've ran, it's a much wider turn.

From what I've seen of both PMBO and Magnum, Arrow's philosophy at the time seemed to be:

1. bend a coat hanger until you got something that looks like it might vaguely work
2. build it
3. go back and fix whichever bits turned out not to work.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.