• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Didn't see any!
Few water pistols, an empty (and very small) gunk tank, four poor staff dancing in circles, a dj, and absolutely no punters or viewers, with a rather mocking National queue watching on from the side.
Cringeworthy and amusing all at the same time.

The school holidays are really kicking in at pleasure beach....

ebf7a85ab80735a5c9669c945c68a603.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I find it hilarious that they have removed the ability to comment on any of their Facebook posts referring to "late night riding".

Honestly, as I have said on this thread before - I haven't been since 2019 and as it stands there is quite frankly nothing grabbing my attention to go back.

And some people think this place is the best in the UK? It seems to be run by cowboys. And that's saying something given my views on Merlin.

I find it hilarious that they have removed the ability to comment on any of their Facebook posts referring to "late night riding".

Honestly, as I have said on this thread before - I haven't been since 2019 and as it stands there is quite frankly nothing grabbing my attention to go back.

And some people think this place is the best in the UK? It seems to be run by cowboys. And that's saying something given my views on Merlin.

They have also removed the ability to reply to their tweets as well.

It seems to get more shambolic on a daily basis.

We were going to book to go to Blackpool so we could do the 10pm close, but I’m glad we didn’t bother. Especially seeing as Valhalla isn’t even open either - waste of time visiting this year imo!

I guess they weren’t happy with some of the responses they were getting to their social media posts but that’s pretty bad practice for a park to cut off a genuine line of engagement with the public like that by removing the ability to comment on any of their Twitter posts.

Interesting that Southport has abandoned wristband entry to the park, and now has free entry/ wristbands again, for the season, now that staycations are a thing of the past.
As their queues are so short, perhaps the Beach will follow suit?
And the Beach being run by cowboys...only for the last fifty years mate!

Interesting that Southport has abandoned wristband entry to the park, and now has free entry/ wristbands again, for the season, now that staycations are a thing of the past.
Aparently Grona Lund in Sweden used to be free entry and PPR, but since Covid they have been POP, And not only that; they run two sessions, morning and afternoon/evening, and close for an hour between them. Means that visitors only get 5 hours to do all the rides before they are kicked out. That's even worse than BPB in my opinion!

Didn't see any!
Few water pistols, an empty (and very small) gunk tank, four poor staff dancing in circles, a dj, and absolutely no punters or viewers, with a rather mocking National queue watching on from the side.
Cringeworthy and amusing all at the same time.
Staff should've slimed the people in the National queue to teach them :p

I was under the impression Southport originally started doing this because of COVID and controlling entry numbers and I'm sure Norman Wallis once said on an interview that Southport would always be free to enter, obviously COVID changed things but I presume he wanted to get back to the old system ASAP. As for Blackpool following suite I very much doubt so, especially because it makes sense, they don't seem to do what makes sense most of the time.

Slime just sounds very childish.

It’s a big thing with Nickelodeon apparently, the tv network hosts an annual Slime Fest and they have events at several places around the world. You can even buy tubs of Nickelodeon Slime in toy shops. The reason I know this is that some years back they held a Slime event in my local shopping centre and I had to Google what it was about because it was something I’d never heard of before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_SlimeFest

It would appear that their out of touch pricing, complete lack of marketing strategy, total silence on the supposed main new for 2022 attraction, poor customer service, slashing of pre-advertised opening hours and generally shambolic approach to operations, has started to impact attendance…

Who would have thought?

Park wasn't dead today by any means, when I nipped in at lunch. Rugrats was closed when I arrived but was testing as I left.

I don't think the park was as busy as this period last year, but would wager it was pretty similar to summer of 2019.

Don't want to rub any salt in here, but there do seem to be are awfully large number of seats still available for the award winning, internationally renowned, star studded Hot Ice show this weekend, like about 95% of them.
Pull the Arena down, it needs it, and put a nice new woodie there.

I was pressganged into the opening night once, with very cheap tickets, to make sure it was a full sell out!
Some season pass holders were given an offer they could not refuse when booking for later in the season.
We were cashing in a half price offer for a family birthday, for mid season, but ended up in decent seats for a fiver each...for opening night!
Fun show, always entertaining, but it must be an absolute money pit, and soul destroying for the skaters playing to many empty seats.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.