• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Liseberg are an example of how an amusement park should be run. They seem to do well and they have a smaller population than the UK and get just as much bad weather as we do really give or take.

Their rise in the Amusement Park industry over the last decade or so has been incredible.

One of the things working in Liseberg’s favour is their location in a prosperous city centre where the population’s mean disposable incomes will be much higher. Interestingly they effectively have retained the entry system BPB used to have where you can wander in for a low price, pay per ride or buy a wristband.

I don’t think a gyroswing is beyond the realms of possibility, given that BPB have clearly followed Liseberg in some other areas - double launched Mack coasters and they even changed the seatbelt configuration to match Helix. There’s clearly a close alignment between the parks in some areas.

You’d like to think they could look past the Intamin issue with Valhalla since the word was always that Intamin advised against squeezing the layout of Valhalla into that footprint, but Mr T insisted they built it like that anyway.

The Pleasure Beach have paused their Valhalla updates to provide a very important message about orgasms.

Maybe respond to tell them about your first or your favourite ... Ah, of course, replies blocked. Tweet Mandy instead.

I can’t believe that of all the days it could have fallen on, my birthday falls on National Orgasm Day…

On a side note, that’s possibly the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen posted on a theme park social media channel…
Your existence in the first place is slightly more than tenuously related to the topic.

It does feel quite left field for Pleasure Beach, I don't know anyone in that team anymore but it certainly feels like the approach has changed.

The Pleasure Beach have paused their Valhalla updates to provide a very important message about orgasms.

Maybe respond to tell them about your first or your favourite ... Ah, of course, replies blocked. Tweet Mandy instead.

Riding coasters is better than sex? Well it can be a very disappointing experience that takes a while to get going and isn’t as exciting as you thought it would be and peters out in to just going through the motions before an underwhelming finish.

But hey, that’s enough about Icon…

Comparing The Big One to sex is bold, since it implies sex in your household starts with a long anticipation-heavy build-up, followed by five seconds of thrilling ecstasy and finally a long, rough wait for it to be over so you can do something else. I mean, we've all been there, haven't we?

The only thing I would say is I've never heard of anyone having an orgasm powered by Pepsi Max.

Here is seat availability for tomorrow evening. Saturday 30th July.

You would have thought it would be the busiest night of the week

Grey dots are unavailable....

041c7f1568f64ef85ea56d26bb278552.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’m surprised the park hasn’t found a way of stopping people saving or copying and pasting embarrassing photos like these!

Really not many people there at all. Perhaps they’ve shot themselves in the foot by overpricing it just like park entry

Last edited:
We were at Pleasure Beach on Monday and had a great day despite patchy ride availability.
But...
What on earth is going on with the e-ticket scanners for each ride? My understanding was it is now a pay per entry park, so why do they need to scan anything on each ride? It makes no sense and visibly slowed down operations on some rides made worse as its e-tickets which might seem like a good idea but are an absolute pain in the arse for families with young kids scanning 4 people in from 1 phone.
Even worse on rides where the kids could ride without an adult like some of the flats in Nick land, thankfully some staff had the sense to just override the barriers.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.