• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That is a very good deal on the big blue compared to the usual price.
It was advertised on HotUkDeals or something like that.

Not sure on what the usual prices are, but seemed a good hotel for the location and inc breakfast for 2 people worked out cheaper or similar to a premier inn etc

It was advertised on HotUkDeals or something like that.

Not sure on what the usual prices are, but seemed a good hotel for the location and inc breakfast for 2 people worked out cheaper or similar to a premier inn etc
That would be a good nighly rate.

Usually expect to pay 150-200 per night for a family.

It does feel like this thread has been a lot of 💩'in on BPB.

One thing I can honestly say though, I've never had a BAD day there.

Up until about 3 years ago, I’d have said the same, and this is exactly why I always used to stick up for BPB.

The problem now however, is that the operations have become so poor that I can’t even defend the park, and for someone who’s always loved the place, that is quite a big deal.

My last couple of visits have been awful, and it’s been down almost entirely due to the way the park is run. They have a decent selection of rides but they seem to treat their customers with contempt, and I don’t want to pay money to a place which makes its customers feel like they’re an inconvenience. For that reason, I just can’t get the motivation to make a trip up there, and this does make me quite sad, when it’s a place I used to love.

Good luck with that 😅 I've been through all the filings at companies house. They have the benefit of opaqueness with the ownership structure they have.
Did you find anything to suggest that it isn't BPB Ltd putting the show on ? I was certain Stageworks was independent but couldn't find a listing for them.

Did you find anything to suggest that it isn't BPB Ltd putting the show on ? I was certain Stageworks was independent but couldn't find a listing for them.
It lists it as a division but what elements of the show that division is responsible for is totally unknown. Could just be the venue, could be all of it. It's a private company they don't have to tell us any more than is legally required. The only hint toward anything was Amanda has her own company that seems to provide services in design to the show and hotels. That company seems to have been dormant for some years though so looks like they stopped using it.

I would fully expect the production, year by year to be wrapped as an individual ltd to protect the wider business from the liabilities, didn't see evidence of that but wasn't particularly looking for it! I only navigated through directorships.

Edit: companies house, advanced search - registered address= oceans boulevard gives you a good run of the rats nest. We are not going to get anything of note out of it though 😅

Last edited:
To be fair I totally get that. We have a kid with autism so we naturally avoid busy days without even thinking about it to be frank. That likely feeds in to my generally positive view.
Yeah I agree; it’s normal to try and avoid busy days, even we don’t go to a theme park on busy days

Went to see Hot Ice as a kid, it was superb... it was a Disney theme.
Are you sure that was at BPB, don't think they have ever done a Disney show?
Could be wrong, but I would have gone to see something so different.
Disney on Ice toured at the end of the eighties...but not at Blackpool I don't think.
My first rainy day off of the autumn yesterday...perfect Beach weather for me.
Damn.
Closed.

They have borrowed some Disney themes over time, but I think always things that Disney has borrowed themselves.

They've definitely incorporated things like Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella. It used to be quite different to how it is now - not sure they'd do that today. All quite abstract and wannabe cool.

You can have a real fun day in Blackpool without hitting the Beach.
Sandcastle on a really quiet day can be amazing, all the slides with zero queues if you pick the right day.
Just doing the piers can fill half a day.
Just popped back into this thread to share my appreciation and thanks for this post. We did do the sandcastle. Little Lad loved it and said it was his favourite bit of the summer. Which annoyed his Mother who took him to EuroDisney at great expense.

We will return probably in a little over a year, there seems to be a good couple of landmark rides at Sandcastle that you need to be 8 for.

Stunning Friday night on the Beach...
Beer, rides in the dark, kebabs, good company, and more freaks and geeks than you can shake a stick at.
Very quiet, less than a thousand punters, so rides galore.
Lovely night gents.

Are you sure that was at BPB, don't think they have ever done a Disney show?
Could be wrong, but I would have gone to see something so different.
Disney on Ice toured at the end of the eighties...but not at Blackpool I don't think.
My first rainy day off of the autumn yesterday...perfect Beach weather for me.
Damn.
Closed.
It was definatley at Blackpool pleasure Beach, probably mid 80's.

Dont think it was entirely Disney based, but there was definatley a Disney themed segment.

Was hotvice even on in the 80's?

It'd be interesting to know definitively how much this show costs and what the commercial rationale for running it is.

Apparently it is being totted up independently by someone @rob666 knows but I've done a couple of separate day comparison of sales figures in here before. It's very very bleak reading even without known costs.

A quick check of hot ice seats for Monday evenings performance. Looks like they've only sold 233 seats. They've got capacity for around 2000 seats

@Poisson calculated if everyone with a seat paid the maximum price, no freebies etc, then they'd get a total of £5,919 from this performance..

Still at least I guess there will be plenty of legroom for everybody.

Screenshot_20220806-222617.png

The above was on the 6th of August for the 8th August showing.

Now lets have a look for tomorrow, BH Monday with 2 showings assuming everyone is paying max (adult) prices. Only the evening showing shows the seat map.

Evening Showing:

Yellow: 42 x £18 = £756
Green: 63 x £25 = £1575
Pink: 2 x £18 = £36
Blue: 110 x £28 = £3080
Red: 38 x £32 = £1216
Standing: 0 x £10 = £0

Total Takings: £6663
Tickets Sold: 255

Reported Venue Capacity: 2000

I'm not au fait with costs of running such a show but with 28 reported dancers, I doubt it is cheap. Anyone up to speed on costs?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.