• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone know why Ice Blast is currently closed?
Mornings in north park will be a bit quiet, no Nash until lunch, no Valhalla or Ice Blast, that only leaves 2 dark rides, the Flying Machines and Derby Racer.
What with no Bernard on the FY4 bar, there is no reason for thrillseekers to do the north half of the park until after the lunchtime beer.
With the Dipper down as well for the next two weeks of weekdays, it would be quicker to list actual ride openings than planned closures!
Friday night would have been rather quiet dippy, we weren't there.

Anyone know why Ice Blast is currently closed?

They could easily fit that big wheel in North park if they got rid of ice blast.

Can't see them doing that though.

Do we think the wheel will go inside or outside the park ? If it goes outside then it will definitely be a separate charge (and if the crazy golf is anything to go by then it will probably be at a price nobody will pay!!)

If it goes inside the park then an upcharge would be harder to justify. Although they have already done it with Enso so maybe it's a steady move to pay per ride !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quick questions on Pleasure Beach Season Pass as I'm thinking of getting one for 2023. Firstly does anyone know when they confirm the European partner parks you can visit for free as this is a big draw on buying the season pass. I know it currently says 2023 parks are subject to confirmation. Also do you get any reduced bring a friend tickets/discounts for season pass holders?

And now the pile of dross that is Impossible is also closed.
More maintenance.
Lots of rides getting routine repairs at the moment it seems.
Dipper is the latest weekday closure until the end of the month.

To be an ops cut it has to operate in the first place, right? Has the swing operated at all this season?
Once, legend has it.

(It has - I've ridden it this season - but I think that's the only day I've seen it operating this year!)

Looks like the Ferris wheel is on its way...

Not to disappoint anyone over this, but this is just the IAAPA setup for Holland Giant Wheels who are one of the sales reps in Europe for Bussink wheels. IAAPA Europe finished on the 15th, so they've probably just hot footed it up to Blackpool afterwards.

You can see from their Facebook page that they have the gondola with the same TV screen and the same black chairs strapped to the back of the van in use:

1663779094853.png

Perhaps it was just some geeky company reps wanting to get a sneaky visit in for the illuminations, but it's certainly not a gondola intended for a working ride I'm afraid!

Double post, whatever.

Stupidly assumed that the bring a friend on Friday thing was now a thing but seemingly it was just for last week ? (With one day's notice).

Baffling.

Stupidly assumed that the bring a friend on Friday thing was now a thing but seemingly it was just for last week ? (With one day's notice).

Baffling.

That was a real head scratcher. Why not give a weeks notice and time to actually drum up some interest, rather than something hastily thought up in desperation the day before?

Whilst those who’ve been on a Friday night in Sept know you can do a lot when the park is quiet (think we did 5 coasters and a sit down beer break in one hour, try doing that in other parks), the GP don’t see this, and instead see 40 whatever quid for 5 hours on the park as poor value, which is understandable.

The park should just drop the price to say £20-£25 for those Friday nights, and see if that brings the punters in. Those nights are so quiet anyway that they don’t really have anything to lose by trying.

I still haven’t heard how busy the park was on the last minute BOGOF night.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.