• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Double post, whatever.

Stupidly assumed that the bring a friend on Friday thing was now a thing but seemingly it was just for last week ? (With one day's notice).

Baffling.
Rick , you didn't give them long enough.

Email just come through to use code FRIDAYFRIEND

Last minute decision again !

They seem obsessed with doing things reactively rather than proactively

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sod 'em. They are actually getting worse.

Animated GIF

Now what was that quote, by somebody, somewhere, quite recently...
"Such a bitch, I can't wait to give her my money on Friday."
10/10
Well I'm giving the park £80 plus all of the spends for 4 of us - lets hope they get the idea that need to have more dynamic prices

Last edited:
Also - I gave up our season passes end of last season so this is first time at BPB for 2022 - wtf is this having to put face pics on your tickets all about - is there any other park in the world that asks you to do this for day tickets?

Also - I gave up our season passes end of last season so this is first time at BPB for 2022 - wtf is this having to put face pics on your tickets all about - is there any other park in the world that asks you to do this for day tickets?
It's so that when you scan in on a ride they can see it's you, and you haven't handed your phone to someone who has one of those walk round passes that they don't even sell anymore .

Pleasure Beach at its most bonkers!

Yes. Ji Jiang Action Park in Shanghai, China does this.

It's so that when you scan in on a ride they can see it's you, and you haven't handed your phone to someone who has one of those walk round passes that they don't even sell anymore .

Pleasure Beach at its most bonkers!

Now come on shakey, you know full well the photo is to make sure the sneaky Hot Ice customers who get free access to the park don't borrow somebody else's phone to gain free access to the rides.
Oh. Hot Ice has finished, so no reason for photos at all, unless somebody has found my secret tunnel from Bond St.

Still fifteen quid, and it usually runs from early afternoon.
Monday Tuesday closures now finished...the start of the tartan half term invasion is next week.

We can assume the turnstiles are networked as you cannot embed that size of image in a QR code.

So we can assume that the system is capable of detecting dupe scans.

I wonder if they are concerned that it is hard to determine how quickly one could scan ride to ride so that is quite forgiving time wise. I could go around with the original while elsewhere somebody is scanning a photo.

This could be resolved with the use of a live QR that has a time specific fragment. Not bullet proof but would stop screenshots.

This doesn't take into account you needed to get in to begin with.

Edit: I am pretty confident in reality the system was just commissioned before they changed the entry model.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.