• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Books

BSwiss

TS Member
I couldn't see a thread about this so what is everyone reading?

I've just started Ask the Dust by John Fante due to my Bukowski fanboyism

I'm currently reading Hitchcock/Truffaut by Francois Truffaut, a series of interviews done over several decades documenting every single Hitchcock film to date and the production behind it. It's absolutely fascinating to read and really does open the mind on how films are created alongside the philosophy and meanings behind cinema.

I'm currently reading Charlie Brooker's ' I can make you hate', which is pretty good.

I used to love reading when I was younger, but I went off it in secondary school for some reason. I've often picked up some more casual books that I can dip in and out of from Asda on the cheap, but my most recent purchase is Victor Hugo's 'Les Misérables'. I'm not that far in yet, but I'm enjoying it so far, even if it is over 2 inches thick. :p

The Dale Brown Patrick McLanahan series - absolutely gripping stories that've been going for over 25 years now and don't seem to get worse with age!

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu
I Ching Book of Changes - Richard Wilhelm, Cary F Baynes, Featuring Carl Jung Introduction.
Andrew Carnegie autobiography.

You know, nice light reading ;D

Just finished Julian Cope's Japrocksampler, currently reading Nick Hornby's How To Be Good.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I am currently reading The Official Highway Code such a good little book ;) My other book is a Self help book.

Currently reading The Crime Trade by Simon Kernick. I discovered his books around 4 years ago and fell in love with his writing style, I rather enjoy reading crime novels.

Just finished reading Operation Mincemeat by Ben Macintyre

Now going to read Raiders by Ross Kemp

I've got my whole book life planned out for the next year!
Now-Insurgent
Next, all books from the mortal instrument s series
Then all books from the gone seiries,
Reread City of bones for the film in auguest,
Third book from the divergent series
Re read The hunger games trilogy for Catching fire in november.
I'm sad.

Maya said:
I've got my whole book life planned out for the next year!
Now-Insurgent
Next, all books from the mortal instrument s series
Then all books from the gone seiries,
Reread City of bones for the film in auguest,
Third book from the divergent series
Re read The hunger games trilogy for Catching fire in november.
I'm sad.

Gone was good, although I only read the first one.

Currently reading The Hundred Year Old man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson.

Currently reading Thomas Ashbridge's "The Crusades". An really excellent book for the chrobology of the Crusades, with excellent ideas from the sides of the Muslims and Chrisitians alike. A very readable book considering the historical complexity of the Crusades.

Longy said:
I finished '1984' about a week ago, and now I can't decide on what I should read next...

If you've not read Orwell's Animal Farm yet, then definitely that. It's a classic on par with 1984. If you have, then I recommend his non-fiction account of the Spanish civil war, Homage to Catalonia. :)

I must admit, I am a huge book fan, I am currently reading The Spooks Seceret by Joseph Delaney. I like it as a filler before my next 100-250 page monster book. I was given a book called Coasters 101, I recommend to anyone thinking about a career in coaster desgining.

Always like to read, just started reading the racketeer by John Grisham

Re: Re: Books

josht said:
Always like to read, just started reading the racketeer by John Grisham

It is impossible to not love a good Grisham book :)

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

As per Sam's suggestion, I read Animal Farm by Orwell yesterday.

I personally preferred 1984, due to it having more depth, but Animal Warm was a splendid read, although a tad short (I managed to read it in under an hour and a half).