Carnival of Screams/Boiler House Entrances 2010

Discussion in 'Talbot Street' started by Nerdsticks, 20th Oct 2019.

1. Nerdsticks

Nerdsticks TowersStreet Member

Hey guys, went down memory lane today and found my old camcorder. Found a bunch of neat footage of 2010/11 Scarefest. Young me went to the entrances of the Carnival of Screams and Boiler House during the morning to get a good look at the theming. I remember it being pretty cool, the atmosphere was very cool to see the maze queues empty on a brisk morning. My only regret is my pretty terrible framing and shaky hand (My only excuse is I was young) and the fact that I didn't try and sneak in at all. Anyways, enough blabbing, here's the footage.

Mi-Nigle, Laura91, Matt N and 2 others like this.
    Posted 20th Oct 2019
  2. Stevie

Stevie TowersStreet Member

It's a shame there's no more scare attractions across the hotel side, it always felt like something special over there, particularly the atmosphere.

Poopoohead and Nerdsticks like this.
    Posted 24th Oct 2019
  3. Nerdsticks

Nerdsticks TowersStreet Member

Especially the field of a thousand screams! Quite incredible the effort that went into that. They haven't done a scare room in a while either, I hope something similar can return to the hotel complex.

Poopoohead likes this.
    Posted 25th Oct 2019
  4. Ali1350

Ali1350 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala @ Portaventura
    I would love to see them use that area again

Posted 26th Oct 2019
  5. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    2011 was the first year they moved on site. I remember getting a final glance inside the black hole tent before Smilers construction started the next year.

Poopoohead likes this.
    Posted 27th Oct 2019
  6. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

They were good over there, because it felt separate, but the mazes in the Towers ruins at night have far more atmosphere than in a marquee in a grass car park.

I imagine it didn't really work as well when they were in oddball locations on park like the Black Hole tent but in the ruins they're unique!

They cant go back to the hotels now anyway after all that site was built over for the lodges & pods

Posted 27th Oct 2019
  7. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Haven't done the mazes for a good few years, but sometimes it has seemed as if the mazes in the towers themselves haven't really taken advantage of the fact that they're in that building and for large parts of it you could have been anywhere because the maze was in a temporary structure within the ruins.

I don't remember feeling as if you were in the Black Hole tent but you knew that you were.

1000 screams was great as I recall.

Poopoohead likes this.
    Posted 27th Oct 2019