• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Carowinds: General Discussion

Bump! It's not just Six Flags making announcements today - Carowinds have announced Copperhead Strike, a Mack double launch coaster with 5 inversions.

Looks great!

This looks fantastic! The ending of the ride may be a little weak however it's a good layout and I love that the second launch is on a hill of sorts.

:)

Here's a few more images of this fantastic looking ride:

thumb_copperhead_strike_hang_time_.jpg

thumb_copperhead_strike_inverted_top_hat_.jpg

thumb_copperhead_strike_barn_wide_shot_.jpg

thumb_copperhead_strike_corkscrew_.jpg

c5e08fc5a9aff620e44134d7016a6f3c.png

Bump!

The track of Copperhead Strike has been complete for a little while now and work is taking place on the station building and theming:

ca-copperheadstrike_station.jpg

ca-copperheadstrike_barn.jpg

ca-copperheadstrike_launch.jpg

ca-copperheadstrike_jamfactory.jpg

ca-copperheadstrikebarnlaunch.jpg

The first train has also been delivered and teased:

ca-copperheadstrikegrille.jpg

Source: Carowinds

I'm looking forward to seeing the full train, it's going to look quite different to other Macks. Testing is due to begin in the next couple of weeks.

Oooh Carowinds you big teases, that train sneak peek looks lovely.

The vertical loops on this thing are really satisfying to look at.

Reactions: Rob
Testing, 1... 2... 3...., testing!

Looks slow tbh.

In all seriousness, that roll is going to produce some impressive hang time!

Ahhh, don't you just love Cedar Fair! Screamscape have pointed out that completely unnecessary seat belts have been added to Copperhead Strike:

db_2019_0223_CopperBelt11.jpg

db_2019_0223_CopperBelt21.jpg

WHY!?
It is worth remembering that Cedar Fair have added seatbelts to all of their B&M hypers, as far as I'm aware, so maybe they've added them here for a similar reason.

It is worth remembering that Cedar Fair have added seatbelts to all of their B&M hypers, as far as I'm aware, so maybe they've added them here for a similar reason.

It is no doubt some completely stupid and unnecessary internal H&S policy. At least these connect to the restraint itself and do not go across the riders lap.

The only mercy here is that they aren't the faffy retrofitted belts Helix has...