• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Carowinds: General Discussion

The only mercy here is that they aren't the faffy retrofitted belts Helix has...
That is very true! These look as though they actually connect to the restraint like the ones DC Rivals has. The ones on DC Rivals even apparently disengage by themselves at the end of the ride, thus reducing dispatch times!

It's not the best footage as it is only from the park's webcam, but here is Copperhead Strike running through the first half of its circuit:

Certainly doesn't look like it ambles around a la Icon!

Carowinds have now released a video showing the first half of the ride testing:

The hill after the loop looks like it could be good!

In other news, the park have seemingly confirmed that their rapids ride has been closed/removed.

Did some say full POV?

As I expected the first two thirds look great however it seems to die a little in the final third. Some elements are taken at a good speed though which is promising seeing as it is bound to warm up over the year.

Copperhead Strike opened at the weekend, here is a look at some on and off ride footage (yes it's TPR, but at least it's not a vlog!):

Initial reviews seem generally positive with reports of good hangtime, ejector airtime on the hill after the first loop and it being very fun and re-rideable.

It definitely does an Icon at the end though.

I've been looking at pictures and watching videos and I'm surprised to see this coaster has some really good themeing!

D2NAFAPWoAA-6Ls.jpg

D2NAFAPX4AYaGHv.jpg

D2NAFBFXQAclJDT.jpg
D2MrD1UX4AAA6ga.jpg

D2MLUTYWsAU_1T3.jpg
D2df_gZWoAAK6Kq.jpg

(Not my photos, found them on Twitter so credit to their owners)

I'm surprised Cedar Fair decided to theme it but I am really please nonetheless! It'd be great to see more of their top tier coasters with this kind of themeing. :)

Anyone know what's coming to Carowinds in 2021? Has the announcement for Cedar Fair and Six Flags been delayed because its been just about a year since Vortex (KI) was announced to close!

They didn't get to open their waterpark attraction, so the whole timeline may just shift a year.

There were rumours of a new car ride a while back, who knows.

Bump!

Carowinds have announced their new bag policy for their upcoming Halloween event... No bags of any kind will be allowed during SCarowinds.

unknown.png

Thoughts?

I've lost count of how many coasters in the States have had repaints over the winter, but Carolina Cyclone joins that long list. Looks much fresher than when I last rode it, although shame they could change the restraints as well:

Bump!

Carowinds have just announced Aeronautica Landing for 2023!

The land will feature several flat rides, including what looks to be an inverting Zamperla Nebulaz!

Last edited:
There's pictures dated 10 days ago showing a visible crack. Not good news by any stretch.

Wow, how has that even happened! Must have been some undetected fault line in the steel.
Unusual enough for any ride, but a B&M also.

It’s a concern they didn’t notice for a whole week. Based on that video the track is flexing but not distorting so I suspect B&M design the ride to be able to lose structural stability of one support but I doubt they design it so it can do that for a week!