• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Christmas parties at AT

Towseriv

TS Member
Hi All,

I have had the most fortunate luck of being able to book my team into the Secret Garden Ball at the hotel, in talking to the event co-ordinator shes described it as the "dog's nuts" of events.

Has anyone been to thee events and know what they are like?

This was amazing, the catering wasn't the best but with faires and a strange exotic male "beast" welcoming us I thought it was superb.

My only real issue was that even with people clammering to get to the bar in splash landings they called last orders for mo real reason when it was advertised as open "till late"

Glad you enjoyed it Towseriv, what was the catering issue?

Shame about the 'til late' rule, its an odd beast during the open season how long Alton keep the bars open until, so not surprising during the off season they don't stay open too late, Im assuming it was about midnight?.

I was there last night but in a different area. Margs bar was open fairly late as I was there around half 1 and it was still open.

Yeah just after half one was when they called time, I was surprised though since the bar was literaly three deep and I would have thought the "till late" actually meant "till we have milked every penny you came to spend"

The catering wasn't an issue as such it was you average AT food really but its never easy to cater for 300 odd people and provide a top quality meal. That said its not like it detracted from the night.

It did surprise me how two women on one table at the end of the night decided to tear lumps out of each other but I thought security handled that brilliantly.

Splash landings was on top form today too and the outside pool was wonderful and toasty