• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

City Skylines

Jb85

TS Member
Hi
Does anyone else play this at all? Recently got it for the Xbox - totally addicted. Far more realistic than sim city - and allows for a lot of customisation / theming

For those that do play, are there any useful resource website for downloading extras, etc

Hi
Does anyone else play this at all? Recently got it for the Xbox - totally addicted. Far more realistic than sim city - and allows for a lot of customisation / theming

For those that do play, are there any useful resource website for downloading extras, etc
I play on PC. I know there are lots of amazing mods but I kind of like playing vanilla (with a few expansions). But I follow a channel called Biffa Plays and he's always recommending the latest mods.

I don't get a lot of time to play. But every few months I'm driving somewhere and come across an odd road junction or housing estate and get the urge to play again. If you have a desire to optimise throughput this game will drag you in deep :p

I've played Cities in Motion which I think is by the same devs, will give it a go.

I've played Cities in Motion which I think is by the same devs, will give it a go.

You will not be disappointed if you like this genre of games.

It is great. Been playing it on PC for a while now. But whatever platform you play it on, it is great.

It is a straight talking proper city builder / management game, that is what I love about it. It is everything the SimCity 2013 reboot should have been. There is something really addictive about managing city services and utilities, while trying to design your road systems to manage and cope with the ever increasing traffic as your city grows. I have always found that the most challenging aspect, managing traffic, even with a robust public transport network, my cities always seem to get bogged down in gridlock around certain areas.

I just do not think I am very good at designing road networks. But the real power of the game is unlocked with the massive and amazing amount of well thought out and useful mods you can incorporate into the game that can transform and enhance all different aspects of the game, all from the Steam workshop, very hand! My favourite mods though are some of the little ones, such as the one that allows you to adjust the timings and priorities of traffic lights at junctions. Helps so much when managing traffic in high traffic flow areas.

Love it, spent many an hour being a virtual mayor.

There is talk of a Cities Skylines 2 on the horizon and I really hope there is. This has been around since 2013 now, and while the massive amount of expansions are great. I feel much more could be done now, given the fact the computer processors have exploded exponentially in power in the last 2 to 3 years, after being stagnant and not really getting any faster for the 7 or 8 years before.

@Tim the handy part about Xbox pass is that I can play on PC to :) good shout on Biffa Plays

I have all he add ins, and like @DistortAMG said the game is highly addictive

I do find though it can take a while to generate the necessary funds to sort out your mass transit system. There is always a period where the game becomes stagnant whilst fund generating which irritates me a little.

Reactions: Tim
...my cities always seem to get bogged down in gridlock around certain areas...

...My favourite mods though are some of the little ones, such as the one that allows you to adjust the timings and priorities of traffic lights at junctions. Helps so much when managing traffic in high traffic flow areas...
There's your problem. Who uses traffic lights!
ROUNDABOUTS EVERYWHERE !!!!!

:p

I don't play C:S but I really love watching some creators' videos on YouTube - here are a few projects I'd recommend checking out:

1. Avalon by Fluxtrance - hyper-capitalist, dystopian megalopolis in the snow.

2. Mars by CityWokCityWall - domed, futuristic city on the surface of Mars.

3. Screenshotsville by Rik4000 - detailed town in the UK countryside.

4. New Windsor by Pres - Autumnal city in the north-east US.

5. Oceania by TwoDollarsTwenty - island based on Australia and New Zealand, featuring a city based on Sydney.

I could watch C:S videos all day!

I love gaming and I have an unhealthy obsession with road networks and urban planning for a lowly supermarket manager. So I downloaded this on PS5 with PlayStation now as this of course is right up my street (pun intended). I haven't had the time to learn it yet as it doesn't seem to be something you can pick up and play too easily.

What I am absolutely 100% addicted to at the moment though is Planet Coaster. I just can't stop playing it.

Anyway, not wanting to hijack a City Skylines thread so it sounds like I need to load this up after work tomorrow and get building once I've learnt how to use it.

Last edited:
I don't play C:S but I really love watching some creators' videos on YouTube - here are a few projects I'd recommend checking out:

1. Avalon by Fluxtrance - hyper-capitalist, dystopian megalopolis in the snow.

2. Mars by CityWokCityWall - domed, futuristic city on the surface of Mars.

3. Screenshotsville by Rik4000 - detailed town in the UK countryside.

4. New Windsor by Pres - Autumnal city in the north-east US.

5. Oceania by TwoDollarsTwenty - island based on Australia and New Zealand, featuring a city based on Sydney.

I could watch C:S videos all day!

Thanks for this share - there are amazing