• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Closed Season - Which Coaster/Ride Will You Miss The Most?

Bethany

TS Member
It's that time of year again!

I can't bear the thought of the park being silent. Just, horrible. It is so hard to go so many weeks without any coasters.
Which coaster will you miss the most? Which one do you crave every so often?
I definetely crave Blivvy a lot. She's so beautiful. :')

I haven't been to AT since July, so I'm terribly craving a quick go on Nemmy or Blivvy! But the thing is, my last trip was a complete failure. I went with a few friends for a school trip day, and the queues were horrendous. We got there at 10, got on Rita, then saw that 13 wasnt open, hopped on the sky ride to FV and the first ride 2 of my friends saw was N:ST. I tried telling them that Air and Nemmy would be at the lowest queue but they wouldn't listen! Three of them ran off scared of NST and got lost for the day, and us three rode it. Then we went on the Blade a few times, then Duel a few times, to see all queue times were 2+ hours. We got on Hex and a few kiddies rides :'(
I regret that day so much...

If it has to be at Alton Towers, I wouldn't say I'm craving any right now. I've been on them all many a time. I'm sure that'll change come close to February half term but as it stands now none.

Outside of Towers, I have a mild craving for Swarm after seeing the in the dark photos/videos, and I big craving for Expedition GeForce, but that's probably more to do with the fact its in Germany rather then its closed season.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Cant say I miss a specific ride, what I always miss about Alton however is the atmosphere and the memories each visit brings with friends. The sight of the towers, especially when shrowded by mist, the sounds, the smells (Pizza Pasta outside RMT), the Gardens. Its just the whole package I miss and the ability to escape reality for a day or two :)

Well.....

Obviously i will miss Nemesis and Blivvy but to be honest I really miss TH13TEEN. I haven't been on since May and whilst it is a bit of a fail and obviously a older childrens ride, it is my guilty pleasure (well, next to Rylan Clark!).

None at Alton since I haven't visited there for 4 and a half years, so I've gotten use to not ridden them and so I don't miss any of them.

Outside of AT I'll say Swarm, Colossus and Rush all at Thorpe and Vampire at Chessie.

Nemesis and Th13teen. The Rapids, too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

To be honest... there aren't really any. I can't honestly say that I miss Alton Towers in the slightest. In fact, as a whole, I appreciate the close season as increased opportunity to frequent the Merlin attractions which I don't visit so often; Warwick Castle, Brum Sealife and the London midway venues. Different experiences > repeat experiences. Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind a quickie on Duel just now... honestly no idea why that's the ride that I'm missing most, though. :p

I think I'm going to miss Blivvy rather a lot this closed season, especially with it not being open at Feb half term. I'll also miss a good ride on the Rapids, they're just so much fun!

:)

I can't say I'm missing anything thus far - But I'm used to not going to Towers very often anyway, so having been about 4 times this year I'm pretty well sustained for now!

I'm missing the dark rides much, much more than anything else: Hex, Sub Terra, Duel and Charlie. Th13teen I also miss a heck of a lot too, Nemesis purely for the gorgeous B&M roar. I miss walking through the Towers as well, they're so much fun to explore.

Nemesis. I miss the craziness of the damn thing soooo much. Counting down the days till I see and ride it again.....

I'm not missing any ride/coaster to be honest. That's not what I go for.

I'm missing everybody I went there with, all my friends, who I won't be able to see until February.

I think a catch up with a few of them is needed soon!

Stevie said:
I'm not missing any ride/coaster to be honest. That's not what I go for.

I'm missing everybody I went there with, all my friends, who I won't be able to see until February.

I think a catch up with a few of them is needed soon!
Yep he's right! Haha! I think we all should have a big meet up during closed season maybe after Christmas at the Hotels?