• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Habits at the Towers

Bethany

TS Member
We all have our little pleasures/habits on Alton's coasters.
My habit is frantically shouting ''Hi! Hi! Hi!" and waving at people in Nemmy's queue below me after coming over and round the crown on Nemmy's lift hill. Had some funny reactions. Some waves back, some "Hi!"s back, and some people looking as if to say, "What the hell is wrong with you."

-Beth

Air - Arms out and hope for a pretzel loop to grow out of the ground after the first drop. Then I remember I'm on Air, and sadly not on Manta.
Rita - Question my sanity.
RMT - Admire the chavs swearing at the train from the Rapids tunnel.
Nemesis - Always pose as if asleep for the on ride photo.
Oblivion - Previously tried to spot the difference on the SW7 construction site. I'll have to find a new habit for next year.
Spinball - Only done it once, so I haven't established a habit yet.
Thirteen - Normally discover I've left my phone/keys/wallet in my pocket and attempt to hold said item/s there for the majority of the ride.

I always tend to undo my belt once I've cleared the lift hill/launch...but that's at all parks, not just Towers haha.

Pretending to be dead when going up Air's lift hill. Definitely freaks some people out! :p

Playing dead is mandatory on Air! Always a laugh to see peoples reactions when they are standing underneath the lift hill! :p

Recently pick up a habit of covering my face on Rita it's strange but you never know what's going to be snapping

Trying to get a end seat on Air to high five the ride ops. More of a reflex but I always laugh on Nemesis and compliment Wardley. Oh and I'll make myself seem the like worlds biggest p**** on Squirrel Nutty.

I like waving at people on the Rapids from RMT. And I also like sitting at the back of RMT so that when it's finished you're stuck at an awkward angle as the train slowly moves back to the platform thing.

I like to try and get the closest back/ forward seats possible on everything!
I also have a habit of shouting at my friends.. Say putting your arms up before the Rita launch- I don't want to get hit in the face!
But I encourage them to annoy the NST people- it always gets hilarious comments!! (and id never dream of doing something like that!)

Sonic Spinball: Question why I'm on it and then just wait for the boredom to be over.

Runaway Mine Train: Laugh all the way around, wave at anyone in the tunnel and then brace for the slow end as I usually sit at the back.

Th13teen: Same for Sonic Spinball except for the drop and the backwards bit. After I run for my bag/s and prey I don't have to return to it in the same day.

Air: SUPERMAN! Then curse at anyone who spits on the floor whilst we hang on the brake run.

Oblivion: Think of a funny face to pull for the two different photos, fail to come up with something good enough and end up with two really bad photos. I always love to lift my arms up at the bottom of the drop against the G-force too.

Nemesis: Start the ride with a conversation which usually gets louder as we try to compete with the lift hill, the further up we go. Mega grin from the moment we exit the lift to the end which only goes for the photo where I mess that up (same as on Oblivion) so I go back to smiling.

SW7: Coming soon! :p

Shouting fus ro dah before being sent flying back out of the crypt on Th13teen.

Shouting "OI YOU.....SIT DOWN !!!" at the chav's standing up on the Congo River Rapids and have them swear back at me.

Oblivion: Shouting "Don't Look Down" just before dropping off the edge of the drop

If you are with towersstreet there are a few things that everyone does.

Mainly involving the mine train
- Smokers
- John Wardley lives there
- Roland Mack
etc

Sonic: Swear about the lack of leg room and horrid restraints and Mourn a son build quality.
TH13TEEN: Wonder why I am on it.
Rita: Flying/Racing goggles. Then arms up and wonder how people smash their heads on the restraints
Oblivion: Arms and legs out with loose bars for full falling sensation
RMT: Arms cautiously up for fear of losing them....and crush the person I am sat next to on corners
Nemesis: Don't really have a habit.......Just arms up and enjoy :D
Air: Don't go on usually. If I do it is play dead time.

I'm a pretty boring rider it seems :D

The only thing I do is on Nemesis. As you leave the lift and before you hit the first inversion I tend to yell "Bring it you bitch!!" 8)

The only real thing that I participate in is the 'Rapids water cannon lecture', a few of us came up with this idea on a mini meet once. All you do is remind the people on the water cannons what they could have bought, instead of wasting their £1 trying to wet us. Screaming "You could have had a green donut for that!" became a popular one, during Scarefest. It usually gets a few laughs from the Mums & Dads as you float by.

I tend to ride, sitting in my seat, with my arms by my side. I guess that's a habit, no?

I normaly shout 'I don't even like rollercoasters!' When coming out of TH13TEENS station to scare the people in the Rita que line...

Also 'Twisty Turvy' has popped up while riding TH13TEEN.

I tend to say the Rita announcement for the launch when I'm sat on it:
You must escape, go!

(Slightly off topic) Now at Thorpe, I've been sat front row on stealth on a quiet day first thing in the morning just me :) with my hands up all the way, people just have me weird looks :p the staff offered me another go as noone else had joined the stealth queue yet :)