• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll FINAL

Coaster Poll Final

• Helix

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Wodan

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
Well here we are, after several months of voting, we've gone from 64 coasters to just 2. It's probably not much of a surprise to see either of these rides get this far, but there can be only one winner...

Helix

Wodan

This is such an interesting final :) I feel like these coasters are like opposites. Helix as an example of a perfect or very close to perfect steel coaster while it`s wooden opponent is so unperfect in such a great way...

I love Wodan, however Helix is in my top 10 whereas Wodan is not. So it has to be Helix.

Two very worthy contenders (bitter that Lech didn't make it this far) but Helix has to be the one to go all the way for me.

Yes I may have fallen out of love with it somewhat in October. I'm also fairly confident it will lose its crown of my number 1 this year.

But despite that, I'm not entirely sure anything will ever come close to climbing the stairs for the first time in 2014 up into the station, the launch platform soundtrack thumping full blast, with the beautiful lights of Liseberg and Gothenburg below.

Helix is the ride designed by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. It demonstrates perfectly what the immense Mack Megacoaster can do in capable hands and has won plenty of our hearts.

On-ride audio, remove the seatbelts, safety announcements and whack the station audio up again and it would simply be a masterpiece.

It's probably Helix. Nonetheless, despite not having enough in the way of airtime for my wooden tastes, I will always respect the Macks for building a ride as utterly wild as Wodan in a park as streamlined as Europa.

Echo Danny's post. Although I was more looking forward to Wildfire, as soon as I got off the top of that escalator I was probably the most excited I have been, or will be for any other ride. In day time it's my number 2 after wildfire, but a nighttime ride is breathtaking.

I like Helix but I do feel it's massively overrated which is just a little too well engineered, to the point where it detracts from the thrill of the ride somehow. Wodan on the other end is a relentless force of nature and a complete experience.

Wodan for me, comfortably.