• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll Ro16 6

Ro16 6

• Katun

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Expedition GeForce

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do love big B&M Inverts and have always had a soft spot for Katun despite never having ridden it.

EGF is in my top 10 but I have not ridden it since 2014, and I accept that it could well drop out of my top 10 when I do get to ride it again.

I'm going to go for EGF though, it may meander a bit in the middle however the airtime at the beginning and end is brilliant.

Karin's first drop is so much better than EGF's, which is the only good part of that ride...

Katun all the way!

EGF for me in this round, it's still a top 20 coaster for me. Katun I found to be a bit overrated. It's no doubt a very good coaster but there are other inverts that I much prefer.

I really wanted Katun to be incredible but it didn't quite live up to what I hoped it would be, based on several rides over the course of a day back in 2012.

By a not-very astonishing coincidence, 2012 was also the last year I rode EGF. I'm not entirely sure where either sit in my rankings now but, based on my last rides on each, EGF is the winner for me.

I'm with John. Although I rode EGF again in 2018. EGF is the winner for me.

EGF is incredible, I know these things are a matter of taste but it is beyond me how anyone could consider it dull when it spends it's entirety trying to fling you to somewhere beyond the parks perimeter.

EGF is incredible, I know these things are a matter of taste but it is beyond me how anyone could consider it dull when it spends it's entirety trying to fling you to somewhere beyond the parks perimeter.
I'm well aware that it was not running at it's best when I went. It obviously hadn't warmed up. Single train, several seats out of service, terrible dispatch times. A short length queue became a very long stand surrounded by nothing but gravel and scaffolding. Then it was running so slowly that it reminded me of PMBO: all first drop and no trousers. (Though it goes without saying, even on a bad day there is no contest between the two! ;) )

I'm well aware that it was not running at it's best when I went. It obviously hadn't warmed up. Single train, several seats out of service, terrible dispatch times. A short length queue became a very long stand surrounded by nothing but gravel and scaffolding. Then it was running so slowly that it reminded me of PMBO: all first drop and no trousers. (Though it goes without saying, even on a bad day there is no contest between the two! ;) )

Ah, shame, because it really can be incredible. Didn't realise it was so weather dependent, I went in proper heatwave and it flies. Ejector time like nothing else, and some snappy transitions too.