• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll Round 2 Group C

R2G3 (2 votes)

• Katun

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Joris

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Taron

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Dragon Khan

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
Katun, Mirabilandia

Joris en de Draak, Efteling

Taron, PhantasiaLand

Dragon Khan, PortAventura

Quite a weak group this. I've ridden all of them apart from Katun which got my second vote although Taron is leagues ahead of the rest as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I would have voted for Katun in any of the other groups so far.

Dragon Khan alright but slightly too rough, Joris probably the weakest GCI I've done although that doesn't mean it's bad (one side is significantly better than the other but I forget which).

Taron and Katun for me :)

Last edited:
Taron and Katun for me as well. Taron is brilliant and I'm a sucker for big B&M Inverts; Katun does look especially good. Khan just misses out, it's a proper old school intense B&M. Joris is great fun but no match for these thrill machines.

I'm with the majority on this one, Katun and Taron are the stand out top 2 in this group.

Feel a bit sorry for Joris here lol. Be interested to know who didn't vote for Katun and Taron tbh, tactical voting?

I can see why someone would vote for Khan over Taron or Katun, it is a great coaster in its own right. Joris just isn't in the same league as the rest though.

I love DK with a passion, but even having not been on either Taron or Katun, they clearly win here.

Well, this is a good group isn’t it.

My first vote is without a doubt for Taron, it’s just the full package. Stunning theming combined with what I consider (though some may not) to be a stunning coaster.

My second vote, well sadly as much a I love it, is not for Joris.

Now, where do I go from here? Well, Khan.

Don’t get me wrong, both B&M’s look like incredible coasters, however for me Katun looks amazing, just a little bit to formulaic. It’s just the typical B&M formula for an invert where as for me Khan is slightly less so as I feel it has a more varied and interesting combination of elements. Though, maybe I’m just being biased as Katun is actually the only coaster in this round I’ve not ridden, but I’ve personally heard from very close and reliable sources to be a bit of a let down...

But let’s face it, it’s going through