• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll Round 2 Group D

R2G4 (2 votes)

• Icon

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Wodan

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Lisebergbanan

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Hyper Coaster

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
Icon, Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Wodan, EuropaPark

Lisebergbanan, Liseberg

Hyper Coaster, Land of Legends

Much tougher group compared with C and I want to vote for all of them! Ridden them all apart from Hyper Coaster.

Wodan is clearly the best coaster here though and that's my first choice.

Icon scrapes second for me but there really isn't much in it. I suspect it will qualify from the group largely because of home advantage.

Lisebergbanen is superb and very very unique which made me want to vote for it but i felt it would have been a pure fanboy vote from me. Hyper Coaster looks good fun but is clearly just plonked down in the middle of nothing and I haven't ridden anything especially similar to it to compare.

Well Wodan is the stand out coaster here so gets my first vote with no thought needed. Lisebergbanen is really good fun, especially in the dark, but it doesn't quite have enough to get my vote here.

That leaves us with 2 Macks; Icon and Hyper Coaster. The fact that they are the same coaster type makes this quite easy actually. Hyper Coaster looks to do far more than Icon does and has better pacing. I don't imagine it will do well here though due to it not being very well known.

Wodan & Lisebergbanana for me; Icon just lacks that "WOW" moment (especially when comparing it to the other Macks)...

Had to be Wodan and Lisebergbanaramabanan for me. I'm just not sure about Hyper Coaster, and whilst Icon looks good, it feels slow from the POV. I do accept that it's better in person, but I'll have to wait until at least 2019 before I get the chance to ride it.

Went with Wodan and Hyper Coaster. Flash seemed to get good reviews and looks better as a layout than Icon to me.

Wodan is the obvious choice, whilst 'Banan runs rings around Icon (alongside Uppswinget for that matter). Buckets of fun, charming and warms up so well throughout the day that it becomes borderline relentless at night.

Somehow "Hyper Coaster" has completely passed me by, looks pretty good though.

I've done the other 3 - Wodan is one of my favourite wooden coasters, easily my #1 pick from this group. Of the rest, I ruled out Icon pretty much immediately. It's great for the UK but on a European level it's not quite up there with the best.

So the 2nd vote is between Lisebergbaneveryonehasalreadydonethisjokean and a ride I haven't done, which is a difficult pick. I really like 'banan, but it's not *quite* as epic as I'd always hoped it would be, for quite a bit of the first half you're not going very fast and rather waiting for something to happen, so for that reason I've gone for Hyper Coaster.

Went for Wodan and Hyper Coaster. Wodan is still my favourite GCI, and although Hyper Coaster is the only one I haven't been on, I think it looks pretty decent!

Nothing against the other 2, I really quite enjoy both of them. Neither are particularly epic though and there are better Schwarzy's and better Mack multi launches in the poll.

Wodan always going to walk this, and of course got my vote, definitely the best traditional wooden coaster I've been on. Shaping up to be interesting for the other spot though. Icon is ok but familiar, the Flash clone looks great but is obscure. Banan could get through, whether on its own merit or if the Mack vote is split. It got my vote partly cos icon isn't all that imo and I've not done the other one, and partly a shameless fanboy vote tbh