• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coaster Poll Semi Final 1

Semi Final 1

• Helix

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Wildfire

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
Down to the final four, there won't be an all Sweden final, but there could be an all wood final...

Helix

Wildfire

Ooh, this is a difficult one! Both look awesome, but I think I'm going to go for Wildfire, as we all know how much praise these RMCs get!

This is tough. I've been on Helix and not Wildfire. However on the basis that I don't think Wildfire looks as good as the 3 RMCs are in my top 10, and that I have Helix ranked 7th, I am going to have to go for Helix.

Easy one for me; Helix.

Helix is the pinnacle example of its kind, whereas I feel Wildfire doesn't really highlight anything RMC have to offer over its other products. Yes, Wildfire has a vastly more picturesque setting and stunning first drop, but dying on its arse at the 3/4 mark when Helix is taking that jaw-dropping airtime hill at a similar spot in the ride duration seals the deal.

Two very good coasters but an easy deccision in the end.

Wildfire is great, it's absurd that it even exists at all, almost has no right to be as good as it is. The view, the drop, the inversions, the relentless pace of the first 3/4s. But it does run out of steam a bt after the final inversion, i'm sure it'll be faster now than when I rode it nearly 3 years ago, but it still sort of feels a little like they had ran out of room with the ending.

Helix however is pretty much the pinacle of rollercoaster design and technology. Not in the sense that it's like, unarguably the best coaster ever and should be everyone's favourite or whatever, just that it feels like every coaster built previously was leading up to it, that they took everything that came before it and used all that knowledge to make a coaster as close to perfect as they could.

Although all of the recent reports I've heard aren't great, specifically regarding the seatbelts, judging by my rides nearly 4 years ago then Helix wins this for me. Wildfire is a good coaster but like others have mentioned it really died in the final third, and it sits pretty low in my rankings of RMCs. Helix was great fun by day and spectacular at night!

This is a toughie, but I'm gonna have to go for Helix. Wildfire may be great, and is in an absolutely stunning setting (in fact, one of my photos of it was once the daily cover photo for RCDB's Faffbook page, and I don't think any other photo has garnered so many reactions since then, so I'm happy :p), but Helix just feels like the better package overall for reasons others have stated earlier on.