Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Jb85, 14th Feb 2020.

?

Coronavirus - The Poll

1. Not had test

39.7%
  2. Tested negative

50.7%
  3. Tested positive

9.6%
  1. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

So yes then! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Some people are idiots, but having been out there dealing with it it really is a very very tiny minority.

Last edited: 9th Apr 2020
    Islander likes this.
  2. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

going too far, that they are threatening to look what is in your shopping trolly and if they deem it none essential you'll get a fine

way to go to keep people on side

"We will not, at this stage, be setting up road blocks. We will not, at this stage, start to marshal supermarkets and checking the items in baskets and trolleys to see whether it's a legitimate, necessary item.

"But again, be under no illusion, if people do not heed the warnings and the pleas I'm making today, we will start to do that."

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...-break-coronavirus-rules-over-easter-weekend/

3. Trooper

Trooper TowersStreet Member

I couldn't watch the whole thing but there was a funny bind she was in. Exercising mentally is not a thing but if she admitted to performing mental gymnastics would she be innocent and guilty at the same time?

4. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    Basically Schrödinger's crime, isn't it? :p

5. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

People like you are already not onside, so nothing is lost.

Reasonable decent people understand what is trying to be achieved and wouldn't be evasive as they'd have not broken the rules and appreciate them being enforced for the good of everyone.

Islander, Dan, BarryZola and 4 others like this.
  6. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

I am onside, and sticking to the rules, however much I disagree with some of them

but to say they will be looking what people have in their shopping trolly is too far
    Supermarkets are allowed to open,. so its not like you can go anywhere else to buy something none essential

7. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

RicketyCricket likes this.
  8. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    He must also believe 5G give you covid19

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

9. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

So to clarify, being onside you are sticking to the rules and want others to stick to the rules, but you don't think the people whose job it is to enforce the rules should be able to check if people are sticking to the rules and should accept being lied to by anyone who is out?

Riiiight...

Islander and speedy like this.
  10. RussellH

RussellH TowersStreet Member

I suspect that the police are not actually planning to go around looking in baskets, but are trying to get the threat out there so that people who otherwise would go to a supermarket just to get non-essentials (like easter eggs) rather than doing it as part of their essential shop are deterred. If they actually intend on prosecuting "non-essential purchases", you'd hope that would be in tandem with banning shops from selling non-essentials. I assume this is like the exercise rule, where the actual legislation doesn't specify this should only be once per day, but the messaging is very clearly "once per day" to deter people who otherwise would go out multiple times. Reading the part on leaving for food, it says "to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household" is an excuse for leaving the house. The word "essential" is not in that paragraph in relation to food. I would question whether "basic necessities" is defined here as including all food, or meant to imply basic necessity food.

Either way, I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice. Do not make more trips than you need to. Comply with laws and advice from government and health authorities, and continue boycotting Creme Eggs until they swap the shell back to Dairy Milk.

Mer likes this.
  11. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

It was all fake news, Priti Patel will “slap down” any overzealous police and they won’t be increasing any powers to the police.

Courtesy of the ever reliable https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-powers-fine-people-driving-second-homes.html

12. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

13. Benzin

Benzin TowersStreet Member

Then the rest of us will unfortunately suffer.
    But it's been said time and time again that if people won't take it seriously then things will have to get more serious. Don't think anyone on here has been saying everyone is following the rules set in place.

But things have not been helped by a dithering government on this. We had the warning signs from Italy and Spain and yet just watched things happen here. Then government figures not following their own or WHO rules. So it is surprising that people haven't been doing things properly?

14. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    It is truly incredible the number of high-profile politicians that have been flouting the rules, both here and abroad.

Some do genuinely believe that the rules are for the unclean masses and not for them.

Then again, considering the comments of some users on here, I guess that's not an uncommon attitude.

15. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

My wifes senior management...major national employer in logistics.
    She complains that they arent even a metre apart, in front of the whole shop floor staff.
    "What's her clucking problem, we weren't clucking touching."
    Right pair of ducks.

16. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Yesterday afternoon we heard sudden applause from outside. Poked my head out to see a hearse crawling down the road slower than the speed of dark, with a lone, self-concious looking top-hatted dude slow-marching in front of it.
    The high street was suddenly FILLED with people lining the pavements on both sides of the road. All in black suits. All right next to each other. Dunno who they were, where they came from, or where they all went a minute later when the highstreet was dead again.

Lived here 16 years. Plenty of locals have kicked the bucket in that time. Never seen this happen before.
    Bet you a score it had nothing to do with the plague.

17. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

18. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    The thing about social distancing is, while it's important that everyone does it as much as possible, the government modelling does have an element of non-compliance built into the calculations.

As annoying as it is to see people not doing it, or treating the lockdown as a holiday, then for your own sanity... try not to lose too much sleep over other people's behaviour. You can't control what other people do*, just do your bit. Remember that if you're staying home then you're in the majority and you are making a difference.

* unless you're a police officer :D

jon81uk, pluk, Rick and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    It’s hard to keep to social distancing rules, especially at work, when you repeatedly have customers stopping for ages IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLIPPING AISLE.

20. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    That is why it's flatten the curve as they know non-compliance will happen. All we can do is follow the advice and remember infection prevention controls.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Last edited: 11th Apr 2020
    jon81uk likes this.