• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cotaland: General Discussion

John_P

TS Member
https://amusementtoday.com/2021/10/...infinity-roller-coaster-in-the-united-states/

Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, GmbH, a proud partner of Ride Entertainment, has signed an agreement to manufacture a one-of-a-kind, Infinity roller coaster for a soon-to-be-named customer in the United States. The attraction, which is scheduled to open in late 2022, will be formally announced at the IAAPA Expo in Orlando next month.

“I am constantly amazed at how the team at Gerstlauer conquers unique challenges thrown their way,” said Ed Hiller, CEO and Founder of Ride Entertainment. “This new Infinity coaster will have guests racing to it in order to be the first to ride as it is being installed at a high-profile location.”

Ride Entertainment’s world-renown Installation team will construct the ride for the client.

“This project will once again showcase the ingenuity and creativity of Gerstlauer,” added Hiller. “In addition, our outstanding Installation team will be able to show why they are the gold standard of the attractions industry

Let the speculation until IAAPA begin!

This has already been announced for Glenwood Caverns hasn't it

No; that's a different project entirely. This one is a new project, being formally announced at IAAPA 2021.

In terms of where this ride could be going, I honestly think Fun Spot Orlando might be a good shout; Florida certainly lends itself to an out-of-season opening more than most parts of America, and 9 years will have elapsed since the big expansion by 2022, so I certainly think it sounds like a good fit!

No; that's a different project entirely. This one is a new project, being formally announced at IAAPA 2021.

In terms of where this ride could be going, I honestly think Fun Spot Orlando might be a good shout; Florida certainly lends itself to an out-of-season opening more than most parts of America, and 9 years will have elapsed since the big expansion by 2022, so I certainly think it sounds like a good fit!

Okay I apologise it's hard to tell the difference as the basis is the same. I really should have read it properly before commenting. As for where it could be I'd probably agree with @Matt N about fun spot Orlando his reasoning sounds sensible to me.

Okay I apologise it's hard to tell the difference as the basis is the same. I really should have read it properly before commenting. As for where it could be I'd probably agree with @Matt N about fun spot Orlando his reasoning sounds sensible to me.
That's quite all right; I'll admit I initially had the same thought until I read the post!

Alabama Adventure has been suggested by quite a few people, but I can't quite see it myself. I can't pinpoint why, but I just don't see that park being where this ride is going. I am more than willing to be proved wrong, however!

Alabama Adventure has been suggested by quite a few people,
As, like you @Matt N , I'd like to be proven wrong that seems incredible unlikely. I don't know where they'd get the money to start with. Fun Spot Orlando. I also think the fact it's opening late 2022 means it is likely to be an all year round park. So Orlando doesn't sound out of the question at all.

Coaster Studios has done a video on potential locations for this and raises some good points about clues in the press release...

And the infamous washing machine element. :p
You know, the first time I heard about this element being proposed I was expecting it to be something like a Washing Machine motorway interchange involving helixes and airtime hills. How disappointed I was when I found out about how rediculous a thing people had actually made up instead.

Some people in the coaster studios video are suggesting Cotaland.

That's the little park next to/part of the Circuit of the Americas race track in Austin Texas. The announcement yesterday was the day after this years race at the circuit, so a late 2022 opening could be to tie in with the race weekend next year.

That's the little park next to/part of the Circuit of the Americas race track in Austin Texas. The announcement yesterday was the day after this years race at the circuit, so a late 2022 opening could be to tie in with the race weekend next year.
Plus there are racing terms in the press release ("guests will be racing to ride"). Could definitely be a go-kart place.

Cotaland it is!

Palindrome, a shuttle coaster that goes over the road. Looks a lot of fun from the announcement.

Cotaland it is!

Palindrome, a shuttle coaster that goes over the road. Looks a lot of fun from the announcement.

Looks good! Very interesting that it seems to be the first of the infinity model to have three rows. All the ones we've had so far have either been 4 or 2. It's an interesting little park to be purchasing something like this but it looks pretty cool.

When did manufacturers decide that every inch of track needs a name? Never thought I'd see a promo video highlight a simple turn out of the station as an element and name it 'Anticipation turn'!
Think it was RMC who started doing it clearly Gerstlaur felt left out.

Looks good! Very interesting that it seems to be the first of the infinity model to have three rows. All the ones we've had so far have either been 4 or 2. It's an interesting little park to be purchasing something like this but it looks pretty cool.

Fury at Bobbiejaanland has three rows for some reason, seemed odd as Gold Rush at Slagharen which is basically a smaller version of the same ride type has 5 rows (only one train though).

I am not sure what is the bigger disappointment, this or the other Gerstlauer announced earlier in the year. Really not sure that this will have people racing to ride it, and some track going over a road is hardly makes it a one of a kind coaster!

Nevertheless, it is a good addition for this location.

There's an Infinity with 2 row shuttles?