• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coventry to AT by public transport?

Sporech

TS Member
Hey everyone!

I'm in my first year studying at Warwick University, which is much closer to Alton than home, and was wondering what the best way to use public transport to get to AT would be. I know there's the shuttle bus which leaves from Stoke and Uttoxeter, but how reliable is it?

Can anyone who lives in the area give some tips on how to get to Towers?

Thanks! :)

The bus from Stoke to the park only tends to run from late May - September but they haven’t confirmed that for 2019 yet. There is just one bus in each direction on the days it runs.

Uttoxeter doesn’t have a bus to Towers now.

Coventry to Stoke, and then taxi from there to Towers and Back. Costs about £20 for the taxi each way, but if you get a group of 4 it's £5 each way in Taxis. Might be worthwile asking the Students Union if they'd run a trip from the Uni to the park?

If you're going with friends, getting a cab from Uttoxeter can be a good option. If by yourself though, you're looking about £20 - £25 each way so it's not really worth it.

Hi there I live in Coventry. So if your gonna visit then please let me know. When I did it last year i went to derby and then caught the bus. The only problem with that is that you have to leave at a certain time. And the bus is usually late in the morning and you dont get there until after 11am. But travelling to stoke is more expensive than travelling to derby