• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Deadpool

Jables

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Stormforce 10
Just seen Deadpool in the cinema, have to say I'm not overly impressed.

It's a shame because I really wanted to enjoy this movie, however it was very predictable and just didn't grip me like some of the other Marvel titles like The Avengers or X Men, that being said it had it's funny moments and any super hero fan is bound to get a few laughs from the funny references. As for breaking the fourth wall it was never really funny, it was used for more of a plot developing technique more than anything else. I think this film has been over hyped by the fans and the media.

I'd give Deadpool a 5/10, what's everyone else's thoughts?

Just seen it tonight and I thought it was amazing. Not just me though, all my mates loved it and the whole theatre laughed out loud many, many times too.

I went to see it last night and thought it was a little slow at the start but really picked up towards the end. Happy that is wasn't too long and dragged out either. I think if you are a MCU fan rather than a comics fan, then this might appear a little less polished than their usual standard. Now that the origins story is out of the way and potentially more cash (ergo more marvel cameos) being thrown at the sequel, makes me really excited for Deadpool 2.

The only best superhero movies were the batmans (latest 3)

3 brilliant dark films, non of this cheesy jokey turd of films like Spider-Man, iron man etc etc.
I'm very picky with the superhero films for this exact reason.

Dead pool im not gonna waste my money on I can sense it now....there's enough cheese in this film to make the French happy.

The only best superhero movies were the batmans (latest 3)

3 brilliant dark films, non of this cheesy jokey turd of films like Spider-Man, iron man etc etc.
I'm very picky with the superhero films for this exact reason.

The third was very cheesy and poor compared to the other two.

Thing is, Batman is about the only superhero film that lends itself to being dark and gritty... Look how bad Man of Steel turned out! Wasn't the recent Fantastic 4 film also serious? That failed too...

Simply, 99% of comic heroes don't lend well to being serious, dark and gritty... Sure some have those moments within the film, but they also have the silly moments... Marvel's success is pretty much based off this with Iron Man coming out of nowhere...

Just back from my second showing of Deadpool. I don't do second showings except for the very best.

To counter above, Batman, Superman etc hold no interest to me...